Street Racing & Caught by Divy Van

Improper use of a motor vehicle
DefNotAHoon

Street Racing & Caught by Divy Van

Postby DefNotAHoon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:44 am

Hypothetically a worker at Eskimo dom Pizza after close at 2am is racing his co workers whom are on bikes down in a 60 zone.
A divy van pulls out from accross a set of traffic lights whilst the worker is going at 140 racing trying to keep up with his coworkers.
Stop for the divy van as the worker has a shitbox from the 1990s that won't get away from coppers unlike the bikes.
Suppose the worker is upfront hands them his licence and says yeah saw you guys and pulled over, I assume the cops didn't get the speed down because the worker was going too fast and the worker pulls over before the cops can catch up and see the speed.
Suppose the worker is also a P plater who is not displaying his Ps, after a brief chat with one of the coppers laughing saying it's obvious you're not a shit kid as you're working (Still in uniform at the time) and I'm surprised such an old car can keep up with the bikes. I'll probably just fine you for not displaying your Ps. Get some P plates. The cops procedes to hop back in the divy van and leave while the worker is still shitting bricks. The whole stop took about 3 minutes with the second copper running the workers licence. Note the car was not impounded and the worker drove straight home.

Could the car still be impounded and will the driver be fined for street racing, speeding and not displaying P plates?

Note this is a one off now that Covid checkpoints no longer exist. Worker forgot to put P plates on as coworkers kept taking off the magnetic ones and puting them upside down and writing "enis" on them with a marker. The worker have never been fined before and have never lost any demerit points in my 9 months on the road on Ps and working at the store

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Street Racing & Caught by Divy Van

Postby Hardy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:05 am

Hypothetically you could just check the mail box and see what fine turns up in the mail.

DefNotAHoon

Postby DefNotAHoon » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:18 pm

So they hypothetically won't come back and impound my car?

I accept whatever fine shows up in the post, just worried that they'd suspended my licence and impound my car. Need them for work. I think that's highly unlikely my car will be impounded now as the cops if they are going to do that do it on the spot? Definingly a lessoned learned. Will post and update with whatever fine the cop sends me. Hope it's the second copper giving the ticket, he told me he'd probably just write me up on the p plates. Anything else and I'm loosing my licence and job for a bit.

What a dumb move on my part, hypothetically only getting my Ps back in Jan and my job back in March, at least I was able to get a job during the lockdown unlike most of my mates without a licence or car (even though mine is a shitbox).

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:30 pm

If they want to impound the car they usually do that on the spot by calling a tow truck. They can do it later - they have 4 weeks to send you an impound notice.

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:13 pm

My favourite part of this thread is how diligent the OP was in using third person terms for the 'hypothetical' first post. Contrast with the first person language in the subsequent post (but still hypothetical, of course). :lol:

Genuinely made me smile. My kind of dry humour, and well written.

I hope it ends well for you, mostly because you are self critical and reflective.

oscar

Postby oscar » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:28 pm

Hardy wrote:If they want to impound the car they usually do that on the spot by calling a tow truck. They can do it later - they have 4 weeks to send you an impound notice.

10 days for the scenario posted by the OP

Return to “Hoon Driving and Vehicle Impoundment”