Speeding 80km over the limit

Improper use of a motor vehicle
melbourne01

Speeding 80km over the limit

Postby melbourne01 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:28 am

Hi,

I have received a summons to court regarding speeding 80km over the limit. This is my first time offence and have no previous record.
I have spoken to legal aid who advised I am not eligible for representation.

Would you suggest hiring a lawyer?
And due to the nature of my charge, apart from fines / loss of licence and community service. Should I expect anything further to come from this?

Thanks in advance

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Speeding 80km over the limit

Postby Hardy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Sounds like you have been charged with driving at a dangerous speed, and that the police will apply for a further impound of your vehicle.
Whether or not you want a lawyer to help you with this is a personal choice issue. If you don't have a lawyer then don't expect to win, and staying out of jail or avoiding community work is a low risk even if you do it yourself.

richard_m_h

Postby richard_m_h » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Hardy wrote:Sounds like you have been charged with driving at a dangerous speed, and that the police will apply for a further impound of your vehicle.
Whether or not you want a lawyer to help you with this is a personal choice issue. If you don't have a lawyer then don't expect to win, and staying out of jail or avoiding community work is a low risk even if you do it yourself.

you got that right?

melbourne01

Postby melbourne01 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm

i did, sorry for the delay.

okay I appreciate the advice. Also the car has already been impounded. Can the car be reimpounded post going to court?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:35 pm

It is possible for it to be impounded for a further period of between 15 days and 2 months.

Return to “Hoon Driving and Vehicle Impoundment”