Infringemet Withdrawal Notices

Enforcement Orders, Revocation Applications, Sheriff's warrants, PEWs.
lbeaton1980

Infringemet Withdrawal Notices

Postby lbeaton1980 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi Sean,

I am looking for advice on an issue am having with some old infringements dated back to 2013 which I only just received 5th Sept 2016. Civic Compliance confirmed that these were only just nominated to me in 2015. There were 5 for "drive un registered vehicle in toll zone' and 1 for 'excess speed less than 10km'. I will give you the background story in relation to these offences, I bought the car from a dealer 22/12/12 but the dealer did not pass on the registration paperwork to Vic Roads until 7/8/13, after this was done I received around 8 or 9 infringement notices for speeding and tolls. I followed the internal review process for these fines and explained that as the car was not registered to me I was not receiving any toll invoice or speeding fines through the mail and if did I would have paid these and not resulting in fines. Civic Compliance agreed for me to pay 1 speeding and 1 toll fine on a payment plan back in 2013 which they have on their records. Now, when I received the recent 6 infringements I completed the internal review process explaining what had happened in 2013 and these should have been taken into the same consideration at that time, when I received a response from them they gave me an official warning for 1 of the toll fines and told to pay the remaining 5. After making numerous phone calls to civic compliance, visiting the office in the city and emailing them evidence from Vic Roads that the car was not registered to me I have not received 4 letters for the toll fines to say I will receive a court date in the post to attend court, as I stated in onf my emails that will be applying to take to court they have went ahead and arranged this, but I did not complete the official paperwork to take this to court, the speeding one they just sent a letter to say pay the fine or complete the paperwork to take to court. I have since rang CCV and Magistrates Court to ask them to reinstate the fines as I was in the process of seeking legal advice about this situation but was told no I cannot and it will go to court. I just need to know if you think my reason is a viable one, I do not deny that I committed these offences but if I had known when the first one occurred I would have paid the invoice or fine and been more cautious, please tell me your thoughts. Apologies for the long winded message but I need to explain to someone and get the right advice!! Thanks Laura :D

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Infringemet Withdrawal Notices

Postby Hardy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:52 pm

I think people are much better off taking these things to court rather than trying to sort it out at civic compliance.
You do not need to request a court date. It is always their option to take you to court if they want to.
I don't have a clear understanding of what happened, but that does not matter. Anyone who takes an unregistered motor vehicle charge to court with even an half decent back-story is very likely to get a better result than paying the ticket.

lbeaton1980

Re: Infringemet Withdrawal Notices

Postby lbeaton1980 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks for your reply Sean, just to let you know since then I received today 4 letters in relation to the toll fines advising me that no further police action will be taken against me :) in regards to the speeding one I requested this to be added to a payment plan so am happy with this outcome. This is however numerous phone calls and emails to civic compliance which has been very frustrating!

Cheers
Laura

Return to “Infringements Court”