Independent saliva drug test

etaketak

Independent saliva drug test

Postby etaketak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Hello all,
I have recently displayed a "faint line" on a roadside RDT in Victoria. A second sample of my saliva was taken to be sent to laboratories for further testing. The results are to be informed to me within 4-6 weeks. I was given a copy of the second oral fluid sample and told by the officer that this could be independently tested by an organisation recommended by the Melbourne Magistrate Court if desired. I would like to get this tested but am having trouble finding an organisation that will do it.

VicLegalAid helpline had not heard of such an organisation. QML pathology requires a 'Drug and Alcohol Screening Request and Chain-of-Custody Form' completed by the officer who took the sample which I do not have. All I have is the sealed oral fluid sample that is attached to a label that details the name of the officer, the date and time of the sample and my own details.

Thanks in advance.

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Independent saliva drug test

Postby Hardy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Why bother with any of that?
If you want to win, just get a good lawyer.

etaketak

Postby etaketak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll be in touch if need be when the lab result comes back.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 pm

No, you should get in touch when you have your court papers. Being acquitted has absolutely nothing to do with the lab results.

Return to “Drug Driving”