Cops Pulling Taxis Over

Taxis, trams, buses etc
dsfsdf

Cops Pulling Taxis Over

Postby dsfsdf » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Finally and thank god!

coppers are on a mission pulling taxis over on a regular basis, I see it every where now.

the other day i saw an unmarked police car waiting opposite a taxi rank catching them chuck u'ies in a no u-turn zone.

one after the other they were getting done....

i even took some happy snaps..

the whole industry needs a shake up and it looks like it is starting.

Revird

Postby Revird » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:28 am

Good, taxi drivers are some of the worst out there from what I've seen.

dsfsdf

Postby dsfsdf » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:28 am

about 4 years ago we grabbed a cab from my place to a party with the cook and kids.

after 2 turns i realised this taxi driver had no concept of australian road rules and was putting my young family's lives at risk.

i quickly pulled him up and told him to pull over and i lost the plot (verbally).

i interogated the bastard and he spilt the beans, no licence of any description, been in the country about 5 minutes, student, his friend gave him th cab to earn a little extra (get exploited).

i havent been in a cab since.

i understand that born and bread aussies don't want to do crap work etc and we rely on illegal aliens, to knock on our doors asking us to change electric companies, serve us at 7/11 or be security guards, but FFS taxi drivers need to be 100% honest, reliable and have a clear understanding of the road rules and not put people's lives at risk.

In this case good on the cops for shaking them up and I think vic roads are pulling them up as well or is it the VTD, anyway I have seen a co-ordinated effort here from the authorities?

Comrade Ash

Postby Comrade Ash » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:06 pm

I keep seeing VTD vans poking around.

Don't they have purple lights?

But about time! t

The only time cabbies aren't a menace is when you're sitting in one. In that case "seatbelt time"

Return to “Public Transport”