nomination loophole?

random909

nomination loophole?

Postby random909 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:39 am

Hi, I used to share my car with an international student for minimal charge.. Few months ago I got speeding & red light ticket, he accepted the responsibility n shared me his details. I nominated him, all went fine, nomination approved and fine is under new details. However I stop sharing car when he confessed he paid the fines but deliberately gave wrong details so to avoid demerit points !! I am puzzled why vicroads/police didn't reject my nomination. He has no demerit points recorded under his real name, he confirmed with vicroads..

Now when I read the article about the judge who nominated his dead friend and got caught in trouble years after the nomination. What should I do, should I call police and let them know his correct detials now? or its too late as fine is paid ?

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: nomination loophole?

Postby Hardy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Your job is to state the name and address and date of birth of the person who was responsible for the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence.
Before anyone drives your car you should ensure they are licensed by taking a photo of their licence. Then you can complete the nomination form.

random909

Postby random909 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Last edited by random909 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

random909

Postby random909 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:30 am

Hardy wrote:Your job is to state the name and address and date of birth of the person who was responsible for the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence.
Before anyone drives your car you should ensure they are licensed by taking a photo of their licence. Then you can complete the nomination form.

I made a mistake to trust him to give me right details, learned my lesson, but please suggest what I should do now about this particular nomination to be on safer side ? the fine is paid but demerit points are on non existent detials. worried!
(wanted to inbox you but I dont have access to send PM)

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:10 am

I don't see where the problem is for you. Although it is weird that you lend, or rent, your car to people and you don't know their name.

Return to “Everything else....”