Excessive speed in construction zone

anurich

Excessive speed in construction zone

Postby anurich » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:33 pm

I driving back home from work and I saw police in an unmarked car on my left-hand side in a traffic signal stop.
When I looked at the police officer he asked me to pull over after the traffic signal. when I pulled over he gave me infringement notice for driving at 63km/hr speed on 40km/hr zone. I thought I was driving within the limit as other cars beside me are at the same speed, but didn't argue as the police office threatening to cancel my license. The next day when I was driving back on the same street I saw that the speed limit 60km/hr in the construction zone. The original speed was 80km/hr which has been reduced to 60km/hr. My review has been declined. Is it wise to go court on this matter?

Gravy

Re: Excessive speed in construction zone

Postby Gravy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:00 am

It doesn't matter what the speed limit was the day after you received an infringement. Speed limits through construction sites can vary from time to time based on the construction activity, which is quite normal.

If you were caught allegedly speeding through a 40km/h zone on a Tuesday, telling a magistrate that the speed limit was 60km/h on the Wednesday isn't going to help you.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:41 pm

Reviews always get declined.
You should fight it in court if it is important enough for you to avoid the demerit points.
If it is so important for you to avoid the demerit points you should be making an appointment to see me about your points problem.
if it is not worth spending $350 on then it is probably not worth fighting it in court.

anurich

Postby anurich » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:11 am

One of the incidents that happen along with the above is the police asked me to pull over when I was stopped at traffic light when they are beside me. The Police were actually the middle of two cars. They were talking to the driver asking on their left asking him to pull over as he was at the same speed as mine. While was looking at the police, the police looked at me as I was right-hand side of them and asked me to pull over once the signal turns green. When I nodded my head the police asked the other driver to go away without any infringement notice. Is this anyway that will help me in the court?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:00 pm

There is absolutely nothing you could tell me that is going to impact the chance of winning a court case. To win you need to stop the police running a successful case, so it depends on their evidence and procedures, not your evidence or procedures. What matters is whether the police give evidence in court that they measured the speed of your vehicle correctly. What they did with other vehicles won't help you.

anurich

Postby anurich » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Police do not have any photographic evidence. The only thing I come to know was a witness from fellow officers who sist beside.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:55 pm

In our legal system evidence existed for at least 750 years before photography was invented.

freddie

Postby freddie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:14 pm

anurich wrote:I didn't argue as the police office threatening to cancel my license.

he cant cancel your license for being 23 over the speed limit (unless you were in a 110 zone), but he might have pointed out that if you were going 2kmh faster then he could cancel your license for 3 months

Return to “Other methods of detection”