Care Park, ANCP, Parking Patrols, Ace. Private parking fines

freddy2

Re: Care Park, ANCP, Parking Patrols, Ace. Private parking fines

Postby freddy2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 pm

it was free parking in the first place..only a 2 hour time limit.therefore if i stay now in a 4 hour hour free parking area...will they still be able to tow the vehicle even if i stay for less than 4 hours.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:15 am

No.

freddy2

Postby freddy2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:19 am

thats great.
I was afraid they could.
I'll just wait and see what happens now.
thank you :D

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Obviously they can do what ever they like - and you'll then have to sue them or ask the police to lay charges if they do clamp it illegally.

Woolly

Postby Woolly » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:32 pm

First post, please be gentle as I have not read all previous pages. We rarely drive into Melbourne and have not had much experience of car parks. Had an appointment at Epworth hospital and drove in “to Care park around the corner. Paid at the machine on the way in which issued a ticket for all day. Drove in further but no spaces available except a couple marked reserved. As we were now pushed for time we parked in one of these. When we returned there was a payment notice on the windscreen. We have not contacted the company yet and would appreciate advice as it seems they sold us something they didn’t have. Thank you in anticipation.

bluesky

Postby bluesky » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Woolly wrote:First post, please be gentle as I have not read all previous pages.

All you need to read is the first post. Come back to us if your question is not answered there.

Alison

Postby Alison » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Similar thing happened to an old boss of mine many, many years ago. He entered a carpark, paid for his ticket on entry but found there were no vacant spots so he parked at the end of one of the rows. He was given a fine but after a lot of going back and forth the fine was eventually cancelled because they should've had a 'full' sign out the front to prevent him from entering, rather than letting him in and accepting his money.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:51 pm

It is unusual for a car park to have pay on entry without having a person in attendance. Normally it is pay on exit. And nearly all of those are not council controlled, so it is not possible to get a parking infringement notice in them. If there is someone in attendance, then you just go back and ask for your money back or ask them to let you out.

Woolly

Postby Woolly » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm

Thanks for the responses. I have not contacted Care to explain our situation and am a bit reluctant to do so as they could then use my phone number to harass me. From what I have read, I believe they are not allowed to access ownership details from Vicroads. Is this still so and or there other ways they can obtain them?
Thanks.

Louie88

Postby Louie88 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Not sure if this question may have been answered - I've had a look through but can't find anything.

Do Care Park carparks have the capabilities to actually tow vehicles?

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:49 pm

In a word: no.

That question has been answered many times in various threads within the Parking and Parking Fines category, though not necessarily in this thread. Have a look through the other threads in this topic - towing your vehicle is essentially theft unless it is at the behest of (an actual, statutory) authority.

Read this thread.

freddie

Postby freddie » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:20 pm

I saw a man on the news tonight talking about this

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:36 pm

Really? That took them a while to get aired.

dilly

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:34 pm

My office carpark works using the Cell-o-park mobile app. Every morning i need to activate parking when i come in. I forgot to do so yesterday and the office security guard issued me a 'Parking Infringement Notice' from Bartelstaylor. Now because my car is in the system they can find out who the owner is. If I refuse to pay, how far can they take this?

I'm irritated with them because few weeks ago, the app crashed and i reinstalled it but couldn't sign in. Within 15 mins of parking i was given an infringement. I called them up to learn that the email address they had for me was wrong. I submitted an appeal, but i was shot down with a very generic email. it doesn't even look like anyone read the appeal.

While i need to call them up again, i got another notice yesterday where i DID forget to turn on the app. I'm just irritated with their lack of care/attention. If the office has appointed these 'enforcement agency' can they
determine an infringement penalty? or must they show that my breaking of (parking) contract really coast them $99 ?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:56 pm

What entitles you to park there?

dilly

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:03 pm

Hardy wrote:What entitles you to park there?

I work at the company. Only staff can sign up on the app to park there (using staffID number). It's just that I need to open the app and start the meter whenever i drive in.
1st instance; the app crashed and I couldn't resolve the technical issue within the 15 minutes i was issued the infringement.
2nd instance; I forgot to start the app on time.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:41 pm

If staff are allowed to park there then how are they going to claim they have lost anything by you not paying a fee which you were not required to pay?

dilly

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:54 am

Hardy wrote:If staff are allowed to park there then how are they going to claim they have lost anything by you not paying a fee which you were not required to pay?

Hey Hardy,
So only staff are eligible to park there, but staff still are required to pay for the parking (via the app)
Hope that makes it clear.

freddy2

Postby freddy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:10 pm

Hardy wrote:Obviously they can do what ever they like - and you'll then have to sue them or ask the police to lay charges if they do clamp it illegally.

Have followed your advice and didnt do anything.
But now have got a notice from parking enforcement services address to my husband.
"overdue parking breach notice.
you have been nominated as the driver/owner of vehicle. on 27/4/2019 at 12.18 the vehicle was parked at...and this vehicle was issued with a parking breach notice numbered.....the notice was placed on your vehicle at the time of issue by parking enforcement services.
thus notice is now overdue and we require payment within 14 days. the amount outstanding is $65.00
Failure to pay the overdue amount within 14 days will result in further recovery action at additional cost to you.additionally, dependent on state law, your vehicle may be immobilise and or towed if it appears in any of our clients' car parks".

What should i do.....already ignored it for a long time....now they have our name/address. where they get that from?
we are in WA.what can happen

Return to “Parking and Parking Fines”