Length of road in a biilt up area.

MichaelBu

Length of road in a biilt up area.

Postby MichaelBu » Thu May 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Matter relates to overlength vehicle parked off road on road related area (off to the side of the road itself) adjacent to road into country town. I need to know when I'm considering definition of 'built up area' (terms being buildings adjacent within 100m and/or street lighting every 100m). Does the 'length of road' definition apply to both sides of the road or only to the side of the road upon which the overlength truck was parked. Reason being, on the opposite side to where truck was parked there are houses within 100m of each other. But on the side upon which the truck was parked - there is only vacant land and a parallel railway track some 10 metres away.

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Length of road in a biilt up area.

Postby Hardy » Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 pm

It is unclear, but it suggests that buildings less than 100m apart on one side of the road will make the whole road in each direction a built up area. That interpretation makes more sense than the alternative.

Day

Postby Day » Thu May 03, 2018 10:40 pm

My shire council, despite houses being within 100m of each other choose to consider our road rural when it comes to parking, however any other council controlled aspect they consider it urban. Won't stop people parking in front of our paddock gate.....so we don't mow the nature strip....symbiotic relationship...

allde

Postby allde » Sat May 05, 2018 8:53 am

Day wrote:Won't stop people parking in front of our paddock gate.....so we don't mow the nature strip....symbiotic relationship...

Hmmmmm it appears your a bit of a rebel, Hey Day? LOL

Day

Postby Day » Sun May 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Yep. Rebel without a clue! :mrgreen: :D

Return to “Trucks and heavy vehicles”