Receiving a 3 point fine when i cannot lose 1 for 12 months

David-1969

Receiving a 3 point fine when i cannot lose 1 for 12 months

Postby David-1969 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 pm

To whom this may concern,
I have received a speeding fine that will incur a 3 point lose after the fine will be paid, But my problem is that i have chosen to drive my car for a year starting Sept 2018 to Sept 2019 by notification to Vic Roads etc to not incur a loss of 1 Point or more in a 12 month period. My infringement notice is due for payment by the 17/06/19 and i am not sure what i can do from here apart from some advice on this matter please.

Best Regards
David

Boki

Re: Receiving a 3 point fine when i cannot lose 1 for 12 months

Postby Boki » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Here are you're options, listed most favorable (top) to least favorable (bottom);

1. If it's a fixed camera offence, nominate someone else to take the hit. If they issued it on the spot then this won't work.

2. Take a 6 month holiday (during your suspension period) to Thailand/Bali with a $4,500 budget.

3. If the holiday isn't an option and you want maximum time to delay the suspension for a later date, wait for the penalty reminder notice to come through object to it at the last minute, take the summons to Hardy for a conference ($350) and he will give a % chance of winning the case (usually between 20 - 100%) or meet your objectives to serve your suspension period at a more ideal time. Full blown case, would cost around $4,500 - pretty much the same the holiday.

Good luck

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Welcome back Boki - how was Thailand? You forgot the option of making an appointment to see me immediately so I can go over the client's points history and see if there is any opportunity to reverse/cancel points that have been recorded so that the demerit points option letter is cancelled.

Boki

Postby Boki » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Hey Hardy. Good to see you're still keeping things in order here. As well as the other classics - Gravy, Day, allde etc.
Thailand was alright, but one thing they do lack is a good Traffic Law forum - seems like no rules over there.
Now that I've been extradited back to Aus, I can make a few more Cameo appearances.

Hardy wrote:You forgot the option of making an appointment to see me immediately so I can go over the client's points history and see if there is any opportunity to reverse/cancel points that have been recorded so that the demerit points option letter is cancelled.

Once you find that no mistake has been made (which is more often the case), do you offer a discount rate for the 2nd consultation when the client comes with a summons? Perhaps a loyalty card that the coffee shops use?

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 pm

I'm simultaneously flattered and concerned by Boki's characterisation of me as a 'classic'. :lol:

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Back to the topic (sorry David)...

From Sean's website:
Sean's website wrote:Some people think that they won't breach their 12 month option if they delay payment of their fine or delay their court case until after the end of their 12 month option period. That is incorrect. Surprisingly the people who designed the demerit points system are not as stupid as you hoped. Delaying your court case will not change the date on which you committed your offence. If you delay paying your fine or delay your court case for years it will simply delay the commencement of your licence suspension period.

Day

Postby Day » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Gravy wrote:I'm simultaneously flattered and concerned by Boki's characterisation of me as a 'classic'. :lol:

Classic!!

Good to see you back Boki!

Return to “Demerit Points”