Detection loop for red light cameras

Yellow Lights
kbreen

Detection loop for red light cameras

Postby kbreen » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:14 am

I've read your info on red light cameras.
I understand that the intersection begins where the kerb ends, and I get what you are saying re "When a light turns red, the loop is activated. If a vehicle is over the loop at the moment the loop is activated no photo is taken. That vehicle can enter the intersection without being photographed." and "It is impossible for a red light camera to take a photo of a vehicle that has not entered the intersection against a red light. If your vehicle was already in the intersection when the light turned red, the camera will not be triggered. Even if your vehicle was on the pedestrian crossing when the light turned red, it is very unlikely the system will take a photo."
So just one question: what's the furthest forward the detection loop could possibly be (when there is a pedestrian crossing), if it's not in its usual place of around the stop line? (This is at the intersection of Maroondah Hwy and Springvale Rd, facing West i.e. towards city, in right turn lane from Maroondah Hwy into Springvale Rd.)

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Detection loop for red light cameras

Postby Hardy » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:04 am

It just needs to be outside the intersection.

Return to “Red Lights”