Red light Camera. Does it capture Right hand turns?

Yellow Lights
overkillxx

Red light Camera. Does it capture Right hand turns?

Postby overkillxx » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:19 pm

Hey Guys,

My friend from overseas happened to be driving my car just yesterday.. While at the intersection of Princess Highway and Huntingdale Road in Oakleigh South, waiting to do a right hand turn onto Huntingdale Road from Princess Hwy, my friend accidentally proceeded to turn on a red arrow thinking that it just turned green. She got almost half way into the intersection, Then immediately braked and reversed back into the front position of cars waiting to turn right behind the white line. I noted there was a red light camera in place but was unsure if it was triggered in this event.

First question I guess is whether or not that the redlight camera on this intersection (If anyone actually knows) is triggered on right hand turns onto Huntingdale Road.. Second question is that seeing as the driver totally corrected there actions could this be contested?

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Red light Camera. Does it capture Right hand turns?

Postby Hardy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Just check the mail box and see if an infringement notice arrives. If it does, then nominate the driver. Problem solved without you having to worry about any of the things you are currently worrying about.

Return to “Red Lights”