Reversed after red light came on.

Yellow Lights
ThoughtIDidRight

Reversed after red light came on.

Postby ThoughtIDidRight » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:03 pm

So I drove into the right hand turning lane ( Nepean Hwy onto Bay Street), and joined the queue of cars turning right on what must have been green even though I don't specifically remember seeing the light.
Im not saying I didn't look! I'm saying that you don't commit every detail to memory as you drive. It must have been green as people were moving through, and I must have seen it to be green because obviously one looks, but I'd be lying if I said I specifically remember seeing it green.

Anyway...theres a bit of a line of cars turning and when the one in front of me moved on, I glance at the arrow and its ..I thought I saw orange, blinked and it was red. So I freaked out. No way was I going through that intersection because it felt like doing so would definitely be going through red. I was only a little bit over the stop line but not entirely sure how much except that I was somewhere on top of the pedestrian lines. There was space behind me, so I reversed till I was entirely behind the line.

Now I'm freaking out as I'm not sure if I'm going to get a red light ticket? And if I do, do I have a leg to stand on if I object?

Anyone have experience with this scenario?

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Reversed after red light came on.

Postby Hardy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:27 pm

My policy is not to comment on hypothetical infringements. There is no point in doing so. Whatever anyone here thinks might happen is irrelevant. The traffic camera office will still either issue a ticket or they won't. So get back in touch if you have an infringement notice and can tell us exactly what the alleged offence is.

Return to “Red Lights”