Yellow arrow off at Exhibition St Northbound, right into Victoria St

Yellow Lights
gerald

Yellow arrow off at Exhibition St Northbound, right into Victoria St

Postby gerald » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Saw a flash behind the car as I was turning right into Victoria St from Exhibition St.

Coming back to the scene of the "crime", I noticed that the yellow arrow on the first traffic light (the one before crossing Victoria St) doesn't work.
So I think things went like this:
- Red straight, green right arrow; I'm stuck behind other right-turning cars so I'm still not engaged into the intersection.
- Opposite traffic turning to their right (my left) has gone through, so their arrow must have gone red.
- Simultaneously: Straight light goes from red to green, and right-arrow goes from green to yellow, however that yellow light doesn't work, so it looks like a plain green to go straight *and* to turn right with care.
- Traffic ahead turning right moves on, so I follow through that apparent green light.
- Right-arrow goes from yellow to red, but I can't see it (I'm almost past it now and focusing on car ahead) and I must get into the intersection at just that time, triggering the camera!

I've got a video of the missing yellow arrow.
The other two lights across the street were working correctly, but I was focusing on the closest one to me -- Is that a problem?

And I've reported the issue with VicRoads, requesting a report.

Hopefully the camera people will see what's wrong from the pictures and just dismiss it.
If not, hopefully I've got enough proof.

Any thoughts?
Anyone else got caught there? (Friday afternoon 22 June 2018, or later)

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Yellow arrow off at Exhibition St Northbound, right into Victoria St

Postby Hardy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:35 pm

What offence is described in the infringement notice they sent you? How many seconds after red was it?
Anyway, they won't entertain an internal review on a red light offence, so your option is to take it to court if you want it dismissed.
Oh - yesterday afternoon? You don't even have an infringement notice! Let us know if you get one.

gerald

Re: Yellow arrow off at Exhibition St Northbound, right into Victoria St

Postby gerald » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Oh, no notice yet, I'm just preparing for it, if it comes!
Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this so soon(?)

Return to “Red Lights”