Red Light Offence Cnr Flinders & Williams

Yellow Lights
yangwang0290

Red Light Offence Cnr Flinders & Williams

Postby yangwang0290 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 pm

Received infringement notice alleging I did not stop at a red light, although my passenger and I felt we entered on amber but that point seems moot.

I have attached the images.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18RYvLAsvTZdKvtPR8JAotdK9iUgYR8uj

Is my best course of action to perhaps write to ask for official warning citing a perfect 10 year driving record?

Thanks in advance.

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Red Light Offence Cnr Flinders & Williams

Postby Hardy » Thu May 17, 2018 2:09 pm

That would be the worst course of action, because you would be wasting some of your limited time here on earth on a futile exercise. If you want to get a better result take it to court. If you want to win, then come see me and be ready to pay a significant amount in legal fees. I'm sure you will write to seek a warning anyway. Let us know how that goes.

yangwang0290

Postby yangwang0290 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:32 pm

Well if an experienced person like urself thinks writing is futile then most likely it is. Also if i want to go to court i suppose best not submit a letter.
What figure is a significant figure? Also what does winning entail? No fine no demerits v legal cost expenses.
So ill either
1. Pay fine
2. Go to court
Thanks

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu May 17, 2018 7:07 pm

I have only ever seen one warning given for a red light camera offence in 25 years - and that was to a 74y.o. guy who had no offences in the past 50 years. So if you can drive for 50 years without a fine then you might get a break. Everyone who writes in to claim they didn't commit the offence gets rejected. It is guaranteed.

It's $6000 to fight a camera charge at the moment. Although this is higher than usual, the work involved is much more complicated than usual and consequently the chance of winning is much greater than usual. So far I haven't had any clients willing to spend that much on a red light offence. Mostly I am dealing with 6 or 12 month licence suspension cases.

Return to “Red Lights”