Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Yellow Lights
stroppy
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 am

Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby stroppy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:25 am


stroppy
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 am

Re: Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby stroppy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:59 pm

Wow...our resident experts are silent about this information.

Day
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Re: Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby Day » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:52 pm

Nope. Just not dumb enough to click on every link on the web.

stroppy
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 am

Re: Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby stroppy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 pm

Day wrote:Nope. Just not dumb enough to click on every link on the web.


Selective ignorance? Blind to evidence? Fascinating!

Are you another "expert" like Gravy? Lock, step in line with Mr. Voyage (who called cars purely utilitarian devices and nothing else) and the state government? Hope your cardigan is keeping your warm this winter. :)

Gravy
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Re: Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby Gravy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:27 pm

stroppy wrote:Are you another "expert" like Gravy?
I'm flattered that you think I'm an expert, but I do not, have not and will not claim to be so.

If you want to lend strength to your argument perhaps you should post links to MUARC, WHO and other such professional and independent research bodies rather than youtube based conspiracy theorists who are "entitled to their opinion".

stroppy
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 am

Re: Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby stroppy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Gravy wrote:
stroppy wrote:Are you another "expert" like Gravy?
I'm flattered that you think I'm an expert, but I do not, have not and will not claim to be so.

If you want to lend strength to your argument perhaps you should post links to MUARC, WHO and other such professional and independent research bodies rather than youtube based conspiracy theorists who are "entitled to their opinion".


MUARC I have zero faith in as their policies are very anti-motorist. This is the same crowd booed off the stage in Germany for repeating the "speed kills" mantra at a road safety conference. I will post a couple of links (of many) for your edification:

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ed62/5 ... 6dd8ef.pdf

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 151835.htm

http://woodcraig.com/yellow-light-timin ... accidents/

Day
Posts: 1604
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Re: Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby Day » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:47 pm

:mrgreen:
Genius. Funny how there isn't a conflict of interest within academia. Hesham Rakha getting a ticket for running a red light (which he accepts) so conducts studies which suggest there are different allowances for yellow lights which should be considered........

............Road condition requiring the driver to process more information resulting in a longer reaction time....or poor weather, which all seems reasonable. But isn't a driver supposed to drive to the conditions?! You know....slow down in the rain or other poor situations?

stroppy
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 am

Re: Watch an excellent short video about red light cameras

Postby stroppy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:57 pm

Day wrote::mrgreen:
Genius. Funny how there isn't a conflict of interest within academia. Hesham Rakha getting a ticket for running a red light (which he accepts) so conducts studies which suggest there are different allowances for yellow lights which should be considered........

............Road condition requiring the driver to process more information resulting in a longer reaction time....or poor weather, which all seems reasonable. But isn't a driver supposed to drive to the conditions?! You know....slow down in the rain or other poor situations?


You know I once visited a gastroenterologist who went on and on about eating fibre and having a healthy diet. On the day of my follow-up appointment I arrived a bit early. He came flying into his rooms, gave a nod to his secretary and carried his lunch into his office. A big rolled up order of FISH AND CHIPS. However, despite his hypocrisy, I still valued his opinions and it did not alter his skill level.

As to your other contention...yes drivers are supposed to drive according to the weather conditions but in relation to Mr. Rakha's study that's only a small element of the entire study. You cannot refute the FACTS which show lengthening the yellow cycle DOES reduce TINs for running lights AND the accident rate at controlled intersections. Sorry to upset your applecart. This is a study I intend to forward to my local MP.


Return to “Red Lights”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest