Caught by a camera this evening

Yellow Lights
kbreen

Caught by a camera this evening

Postby kbreen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:41 am

I was turning left heading west on Alexandra Avenue, turning into Nicholson St. The car waiting in front of me did not see the green arrow. (Straight ahead lights were red.) Eventually the car behind me tooted... so I tooted nice and long.... finally the car in front of me got a move on. I turned after it, although I wasn't in a huge hurry.... as far as I had noticed, the arrow was still green when I entered the pedestrian crossing. The camera flashed while I was at least on the pedestrian crossing, if not in the intersection. I saw the amber arrow. I couldn't think quickly enough.... thought, could that flash really be for me.... perhaps thought it was too late to stop, while I was already turning. Second flash happened. I can't swear on my life that my front wheels were over the second pedestrian line by the time the amber light disappeared (but was surprised).... I had forgotten about the rule of second pedestrian line, as opposed to stop line! My car is less than 4 metres long. It sounds from the experiences of some people here, that sometimes the camera is triggered without a fine being issued, i.e. they were seen to have entered the intersection by the time the light went red. Perhaps the car behind me had turned too. (I was so panicked that I didn't think to check whether that had been the case.) So.... will just have to see what happens! At least I gather if a fine is issued, it now tends to arrive pretty quickly, compared with what was often the case a few years ago!

kbreen

Re: Caught by a camera this evening

Postby kbreen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:02 pm

See now "Can one camera capture all directions?" thread. (This camera was facing the front/side of my car, so seems I'm safe!)

Return to “Red Lights”