Short yellow light cycle at Royal Pde & Cemetary Rd West

Yellow Lights
asanque

Re: Short yellow light cycle at Royal Pde & Cemetary Rd West

Postby asanque » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:15 pm

socanon wrote:Hi Asanque,

Thanks for the PM - my login did not permit me to reply that way. Happy to discuss in further detail (I have colossal amount of information) and am pursuing political/traffic engineering/legal challenges.

Happy to communicate further if you send me PM with an email address or mobile number. This option is open to any others who wish to challenge - the more, the merrier.

Cheers,

Socanon

PM sent - but it seems to be stuck in my outbox.

Please let me know if you have not received it.

Thanks

braj

Postby braj » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi,

:( Received an Infringement Notice today. Similar situation that I turned on Amber and 2.0 sec lapse. This is my first ever demerit points.
Just wanted to know if there is any update about this intersection or should I just pay the fine.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raj

asanque

Postby asanque » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Vicroads report will be released sometime in March.

I am contesting the fine in court but no date has been set as yet.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi Raj,

The problem is that it may take many months for this issue to go through all the bureaucratic channels while your infringement notice will turn into an enforcement order if it is not paid within 11 weeks. So you may have to take it to court just so you still have a live issue to deal with by the time to report is published. My guess is that if the report is favourable to motorists then the government may cancel infringement notices even if they have been paid or have enforcement orders made. And if the report is unfavourable then they won't withdraw any infringement notices or drop any charges - so you will still have a court case (which you might be able to win on other grounds if you could be bothered). I think it is unlikely the government is going to withdraw any infringements but if they do you may end up having yours withdrawn too no matter what course you take.

asanque

Postby asanque » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:32 am

Olokun

Postby Olokun » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:51 am

Thought I would share some vision that my dashcam caught last night of someone being pinged for running a red light at this intersection.

After watching and reviewing the video a few times I can see why some people are frustrated with the light sequence as the green and yellow phase for that turn only seems to be a combined 12 seconds, which feels very short for the amount of turning traffic and size of the intersection.

https://youtu.be/0bnkCSE65d4

zooter

Postby zooter » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:14 pm

Sorry to revive this extremely old thread, but I got a traffic infringement in the mail in this infamous junction turning right. Is this still one of Victoria's top spots? I also notice that the yellow light timing hasn't really been changed (based on the news article)

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:15 pm

I have no idea if it is one of the top spots. Why do you need to know?

Return to “Red Lights”