Wrong name and address on infringement notice

Prolaser III, Prolaser IV, Prolite+
Jones

Wrong name and address on infringement notice

Postby Jones » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi

I got an infringement notice handed over in person for detected speed 108/alleged speed 106 on permitted speed 80. LASER at 370 meters from side road of a Hwy. Code 1929, speeding by 25-30. Disqualified from driving in VIC for 3 months, starts in 2 weeks.

Just 2 more kms under and would have got off from suspension. :roll:

1, On the notice, the given name is spelt incorrectly; so is the address. Does this qualify as defect notice ? Any chance get away from this based on the in-corrections?

2, When they pulled me over there were two riders (including myself) stopped at red signal in traffic. Few kays were covered between the alleged incident location and the place I got pulled over. There was no pursuit (lights/siren) involved.
[They cheekily made their way through, I bet they were speeding :lol: ]

Can they prove that they pulled over the right person? The other rider unknown to me continued as the lights turned green.

3, I could stop worrying about all these and take it on the chin and cycle to work, however, that is going to be hazardous with the current air quality in Melbourne. What are the possible consequences in court for pleading guilty just to prolong the suspension?

I would appreciate any suggestions on this.

Cheers :)

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Wrong name and address on infringement notice

Postby Hardy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:48 pm

I’m guessing the licence number on the ticket will be the licence that gets suspended.

Jones

Postby Jones » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 am

Yes, its the correct number.

"Disqualified for DRIVING in Victoria" .

Pardon my stupid question based on technicality.

Does that means if happen to have an intestate license can I RIDE (not drive) in VIC?

I have an international license. Will this suspension stop me from driving interstate?

BN2

Postby BN2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Jones wrote:Yes, its the correct number.

"Disqualified for DRIVING in Victoria" .

Pardon my stupid question based on technicality.

Does that means if happen to have an intestate license can I RIDE (not drive) in VIC?

I have an international license. Will this suspension stop me from driving interstate?

You will be disqualified from driving in Victoria even if you have a foreign or interstate licence.

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:49 pm

Generally, a reference to 'driving' includes riding unless otherwise specified. So in answer to your question; no, you may not ride a motorcycle in Victoria whilst you're suspended or disqualified from driving in Victoria. The concept is that you only have one "road" licence. Motorbikes, heavy rigids, articulated trucks, etc. are all just endorsements on the same licence - i.e. they're not a separate permission to operate a vehicle on the road. Your boat licence won't be affected, but you will not be able to operate anything on the road if it requires a licence.

I've no idea about your second question, so that may be best left to Sean.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Jones

Postby Jones » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Thank you Hardy and Gravy. You guys are awesome.

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:02 am

You've only made three posts... give it time.

:lol:

Return to “Lasers”