Hardy wins again

Prolaser III, Prolaser IV, Prolite+

oscar

Re: Hardy wins again

Postby oscar » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:28 pm

hardly a win, more a massive f*ckup by the informant (and their corro sgt and the prosecutor and.....)

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:55 pm

It also gets a mention in the last half of this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAGkS0ZQ-68

kakimoto33

Postby kakimoto33 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 am

How would someone find information on the testing of a laser device for this sort of defence - is this a matter of public record, if so how would I find out the serial number of the device and where would I search for this sort of information?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:00 pm

you've got it around the wrong way. It is not the defendant who needs to search for or obtain anything.
It is the police who need to do it. The defence does not have to do the police work for them. In the case referred to in this thread, the driver did not try to prove a single thing.
When you get to court you check to see if the evidence produced at court is correct or not correct. If you feel you need to check it earlier than the court date, then you can ask for it earlier, but that will simply remind the police to get it all in order prior to closing the police case. I don't see any value in giving the police a check list of things they need to get right in order for them to win their case.

Return to “Lasers”