2 things: Ex Parte risks? Any chance of success?

Prolaser III, Prolaser IV, Prolite+
Rob87

2 things: Ex Parte risks? Any chance of success?

Postby Rob87 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Good day,
I was booked doing 127km/h in a 100km/h zone reduced to 125 (one month suspension). I have been on the 12 mth probationary period and was only 10 days out from it finishing (as a result a 7 mth total suspension) Reason for my speeding is that I had driven several different cars over a 2 weeks period due to my job and was unfamiliar with the car I was driving instead of increasing the audio volume I was increasing the cruise control speed. The car I was driving has identical controls on either side of the steering wheel for both volume and cruise. Toggle up on the right increase cruise. Toggle up on the left volume. Anyway, any chance of claiming some form of unfamiliarity with the vehicle?

Alternatively I have my court date set as I had to delay the suspension at least, now I cannot go as I am going overseas 2 days before my hearing, what are my risks of not attending. Will the judge simply give me the 1 month suspension or what are the risks in going down that path?

Regards
Robert

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: 2 things: Ex Parte risks? Any chance of success?

Postby Hardy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Assuming you don't want to have a hearing, you are better off going to court to plead guilty one day before your departure, that way you serve some of your time while you are away. If you don't know how the court process works then read the relevant page on the website.

Rob87

Postby Rob87 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Sean,

Thanks for that, I have read through the relevant court process tab and cannot locate anywhere about simply pleading guilty prior to my set court date. I have decided to not waste my time with it really and pleading guilty prior to my departure and before my hearing date would be ideal.

If you could outline how that is done that would be great.

thanks'
Robert

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Call the court a few days before you want to plead guilty and ask them if they will let you do it and they will tell you what you need to do.
Basically, you need to get the court file and the police brief in court on the day you want to plead guilty.

Return to “Lasers”