Article in MX

Prolaser III, Prolaser IV, Prolite+
Hello

Article in MX

Postby Hello » Thu May 10, 2012 8:53 pm

So I saw an article in the mx today that had a motorcycle booked for 128in a 70 zone on grieve parade. ( Pritty sure I drove past them last night)
Was wondering if anyone thinks this person can keep their licence or even get the sentenced reduced somehow?
What if he was stopped at the traffic lights and only had about 500m between the light and being pulled over.

I have read your website Sean but I'm not sure if he can fight it.

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Article in MX

Postby Hardy » Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 pm

If you read the website then you read the answer to your question.
Of course he can fight it. The big unknown is whether or not he will win.

Hello

Postby Hello » Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 am

Sorry I was unclear do you think he can win?

Is the only way to reduce the minimum mandatory 12months by fighting the charge?
What chance would he have of winning?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Fri May 11, 2012 2:46 pm

It is hard enough working that out after reading the police brief and having a conference with the client.
And you expect someone to make a call on an unknown person's chance of winning a speeding case based on what you claim a MX reporter has written about an incident?

Hello

Postby Hello » Mon May 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Sorry i was jsut after a few opinions not actually legal advice, more wondering if anyone thinks its possible.
Obviously this forum isn't the place to have a gerneral discussion

oscar

Postby oscar » Mon May 21, 2012 6:52 pm

of course they can win.........depending on a plethora factors.........

the likelihood of winning is ...... (insert percentage)

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon May 21, 2012 7:19 pm

He is 58kmh over the limit, which is 12 months suspension minimum.
He will "win" and get only 6 months suspension if the speed is reduced to - or found to be - 114kmh or less.
Same as for almost any other person with a speeding ticket, he might be acquitted if he takes the fine to court and has a bit of luck and has a good lawyer.
You hint that he might have taken off from lights only 500m earlier. I have never ridden a motor bike on the road, but from my observations it seems plausible that a motor bike can achieve a speed of 128kmh if given 500m to do it in. If we assume he used 250m to speed up and 250m to pull up and stop, then same applies. Quite likely he could have got to 128kmh within 200m. A R1000 gets to 100kmh in under 3 seconds and reaches 230kmh in 400m.

Hello

Postby Hello » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks for the comments.

I realised that I did in fact drive past these guys the other day, so that's why I'm interested in the case. I was at the round about and saw the bike at the lights ahead. I actually pulled off on the other side of the road to take a phone call.He took off when it went green Then slowed down about 100m down the road before finally stopping at the next set of light.

If a bike can excellerate that quickly and I know the bike was a medium to large sports bike, is it possible that the initial excellerate on from a standing position could haves cause a large reading?

Sorry for all the question I was just wondering after realising I saw the guy stopped at the lights and then take off for about 100m that it must really suck to have such a huge consequence for something that would of taken mear seconds. Lol the only reason I remember is my hubby loves bikes and this one was a pretty nice one and I though he might like it.

Return to “Lasers”