101km\h in 60 zone

Prolaser III, Prolaser IV, Prolite+
Busted

101km\h in 60 zone

Postby Busted » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi guys,

On my way home from work tonight I was following a guy on bangholme road bangholme at 70, being impatient i got on the gas and safely passed him but in the process its alleged I got to 101km/h.....I was under the belief it was an 80 zone as the rest of the road is 80 all the way from cheltenham road right up to about the last 1 kay or less which turns out to be a 60 zone....I was starting on the 60 end tonight and only made it about 500 metres,

Anyway i turned onto worsley road and noticed the highway patrol in my mirror eager to have a chat, at this point I was asked why I was doing 101 in a 60 and explained what I said above.

The officer advised it was 60 from worsley road down to hammond road (that last kay or less)< he told me as their on strike they weren't issuing infringements (at which point I thought why pull me over??) only to be told I'd have to go to court instead (first time for everything). Now Ive done some reading on here and on vicroads and understand due to being 41 over I'm up for instant loss of license....I couldn't find the minimum term but assume to be 3 to 6 months. My biggest issue is that I'm full time employed as a driver and my option will be to get fired from a job I only started a month ago and am doing well at.

Couple of key points:
The officer made absolutely no mention of where he was, how he detected my speed, the alleged speed, he did mention that I was doing the 101 whilst "passing those cars". I simply said I only passed the one car which he then agreed to. He then said i would get a summons in Several months and to get a solicitor (thanks for the advice buddy much appreciated).

My driving record is a follows.
I'm 32 been driving since my 18th birthday.
Over the last 3 years i got 4 fines on eastlinks wellington road camera for 107 and 108, in 3 different cars (dodgy much?) and nov 2010 i got a 129 on eastlinks dandy bypass camera in yet another car (I know where all the cameras are and as such always slow to 90 but got busted anyway like thousands more).

Prior to eastlink (which i no longer use) I'd gone 11 or 12 years without a single fine for anything, no at fault accidents nothing etc but now in the space of 12 months i got stung hard twice.

So do I lawyer up or find a new job i can get to on foot?

Any and all help appreciated.

Regards Busted Hard

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: 101km\h in 60 zone

Postby Hardy » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:31 pm

101/60 is 6 months.

When you get your court papers make an appointment for a conference.
Then you can get advice and decide whether to invest in trying for a better result or just give up without any more expense.

This much is already stated on my website.

You will get court papers in the mail in about 3 months (probably 5 months if they aren't issuing infringement notices any more).

Chef2

Postby Chef2 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Why bother pulling you over??? How about you were doing 41 kph over the posted limit!

You should get a lawyer if you don't want to loose your licence.

When you get the summons and most likely the brief the members will detail in it the method of detection. THey are not required to tell you at the time where they were at the time.

Busted

Postby Busted » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Hardy wrote:101/60 is 6 months.

When you get your court papers make an appointment for a conference.
Then you can get advice and decide whether to invest in trying for a better result or just give up without any more expense.

This much is already stated on my website.

You will get court papers in the mail in about 3 months (probably 5 months if they aren't issuing infringement notices any more).

Ive had a read on your website as well as on here but my understanding is minimal so I don't really know where I stand, so its unfortunately a case of wait and see, should be a fun wait< thanks for the speedy and helpful reply.
Last edited by Busted on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Busted

Postby Busted » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:26 pm

Chef wrote:Why bother pulling you over??? How about you were doing 41 kph over the posted limit!

You should get a lawyer if you don't want to loose your licence.

When you get the summons and most likely the brief the members will detail in it the method of detection. THey are not required to tell you at the time where they were at the time.

I was trying to use some humor in light of a bad situation and of course as i have NEVER been pulled over for an offense before I didn't know the regulations on detection methods and the experience that follows. I apologise if Ive upset you as no where in the forum rules did I see I need to conduct my self in a professional manner at all times ( this is sarcasm just so you don't misunderstand), and yes I understand I was 41 kays over, a genuine error on my part mind you......with not a single offense for the first 12 years of driving (finally got caught by the same camera as thousands of other people with no prior tickets) and also worth considering that I spend more time on the road than the average driver so Ive kept out of trouble more than most people in my profession. I guess that's hard for you too understand up there on your high horse< please don't bother responding Ive got better things to do than explain my self to the likes of some random internet warrior with a pole up his keister.

Return to “Lasers”