witnessed speeding

Prolaser III, Prolaser IV, Prolite+
2185xx

witnessed speeding

Postby 2185xx » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:52 pm

next time in court and the officer says he witnessed you speeding and then used his device to check your speed ask him how long he took to determine the speed of the car? most of them say one second, now he has already been asked by the prosicutor if he is an expert in speed to which he has said yes because he sees hundreds of speeding cars a week. this is when you ask "how far did the car travel in that one second before you used the device". it's simple math but he wont know, and unless he has put out or measured some reference points to that effect he has has just lied, because l dare any man to look at an on coming car and pick it's speed in one second. it easy form the side because you can see time/distance but from the front is BS.

oscar

Re: witnessed speeding

Postby oscar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:14 pm

as estimate of speed does not require a measurement or estimate of distance

Day

Re: witnessed speeding

Postby Day » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:37 pm

oscar wrote:as estimate of speed does not require a measurement or estimate of distance

Exactly. They stand for long periods watching cars coming towards them with a speed measuring device, after a while they get scarily accurate at picking speed. I couldn't do it bu I have stood by two traffic officers as they exhibited this skill for me while the other one used a laser. Each cold get the speed very close. Very impressive.

By the way, I would like to know how you can suggest that "most" say 1 second. What is the number of officers that you sureveyed to get to this point? Any I have spoken to generally state a longer time. This is from speaking to many of officers or observing them give evidence in court.

Anyway, if he is using a device to detect your speed, he doesn't need to do the math to determine your speed. He just needs to use the device.

Return to “Lasers”