can they book me if they don't have evidence?

Prolaser III, Prolaser IV, Prolite+
chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Hardy wrote:You have no idea where he was when he used his laser.

i was stationary at the set of lights under the bridge heading towards Canterbury rd.
about 40m in front of me at the lights is the last 40 km/hr sign and about 20m after that is the 70 km/hr sign. the police officer was was right behind me at the time and i knew that he was there.

He lasered you prior to you stopping at the lights, not after the lights. He was sitting behind you doing a registration check, not measuring your speed.

If you are correct about your theories, then you will do very well in court because the police won't have any evidence. Best of luck!

It is nearly impossible for him to have got me doing that sort of speed at the time of day before those lights and if he did I would have been done by the fixed camera before that. It's always bumper to bumper on that road.
And this might sound cocky but I know that, that was the moment he was monitoring my speed. And he did mention it when he pulled me over and I told him that I was already in the 70 zone and not the 40 zone

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm

on the infringement notice i got it said that he was 96.2 m behind me

Bet it does not say that. Does it say something like "laser @ 96.2m"?
Post a link to a pic of the infringement notice.

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:34 pm

Hardy wrote:
on the infringement notice i got it said that he was 96.2 m behind me

Bet it does not say that. Does it say something like "laser @ 96.2m"?
Post a link to a pic of the infringement notice.

Could I rather email you a picture of the infringement? I don't have it on me at the moment but from memory it said in a box "laser ( 96.2) " and I automatically presumed that meant that he was 96.2 m behind me when he measured my speed.

Day

Postby Day » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:55 am

chad1989 wrote: but from memory it said in a box "laser ( 96.2) " and I automatically presumed that meant that he was 96.2 m behind me when he measured my speed.

That just means the disatance he was away from you at the time of the reading. He is most likely to have been 96.2 m in front of you and then pulled into traffic and then pulled you over after the lights. Email Hardy the ticket so he can see.

oscar

Postby oscar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:36 am

Hardy wrote:You have no idea where he was when he used his laser.

He lasered you prior to you stopping at the lights, not after the lights. He was sitting behind you doing a registration check, not measuring your speed.

If you are correct about your theories, then you will do very well in court because the police won't have any evidence. Best of luck!

for once i agree with sean

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:58 am

Day wrote:
chad1989 wrote: but from memory it said in a box "laser ( 96.2) " and I automatically presumed that meant that he was 96.2 m behind me when he measured my speed.

That just means the disatance he was away from you at the time of the reading. He is most likely to have been 96.2 m in front of you and then pulled into traffic and then pulled you over after the lights. Email Hardy the ticket so he can see.

Nope he was definetly not in front of me and never had been. I will email the infringement notice shortly
This might be a stupid question but I'm not very good with the Internet and the forums, could you please post up hardy's email?
Thanks

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 am

You won't be able to email me the infringement notice because I don't accept attachments. anyway we already know it is going to look like every other laser infringement notice.

Nope he was definetly not in front of me and never had been

His job is to hide from traffic so he can laser them without being noticed. Looks like he did a good job this time. When I ask my speed clients "when was the first moment that you knew the police were around?" about 80% of them say "when they were right behind me with their blue lights flashing." By then they are often kilometres away from the point where the speed detection occurred.

If you don't like the idea of paying the fine, then your best option is to elect to take the matter to court once you have received the reminder letter.

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 am

Hardy wrote:You won't be able to email me the infringement notice because I don't accept attachments. anyway we already know it is going to look like every other laser infringement notice.

Nope he was definetly not in front of me and never had been

His job is to hide from traffic so he can laser them without being noticed. Looks like he did a good job this time. When I ask my speed clients "when was the first moment that you knew the police were around?" about 80% of them say "when they were right behind me with their blue lights flashing." By then they are often kilometres away from the point where the speed detection occurred.

Ok let's say that even if he was behind me or even infront of me and I did not know that he was there, that would mean that I never was in any 40 km hr zone and where I got done speeding that is the first 40 km zone. It does not make any sence for him to detect my speed before.
The only time I got above 40 km was when it opened up into a 70 zone and before that was creeping speed.

oscar

Postby oscar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:49 am

chad

the ticket isn't going to go away by asking the same question time and time again online

police will say you were speeding in the 40 zone and it was your car they lasered - else why would they go to the bother of stopping you? to fill their quota ? :lol:

the only way you can postpone the inevitable or see exactly what the police say happened is to object to the ticket

so do that, or pay the ticket

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:50 am

cid:730704F5-6854-47FD-9BAF-D42BC15FD094/photo.JPG[img]cid:730704F5-6854-47FD-9BAF-D42BC15FD094/photo.JPG[/img]

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 am

oscar wrote:chad

the ticket isn't going to go away by asking the same question time and time again online

police will say you were speeding in the 40 zone and it was your car they lasered - else why would they go to the bother of stopping you? to fill their quota ? :lol:

the only way you can postpone the inevitable or see exactly what the police say happened is to object to the ticket

Maybe the officer was having a bad day and decided to take it out in me?
I'm aware that the police will say that they got me speeding in a 40 zone but Im not bothered at all about that because if they do have a photo it will show that I was not speeding at where they claim.

All I want to know is can I get convicted in court if they don't have any evidence ? I have also tried to attatch a pic of the infringement notice but it does not seem to be uploading.

oscar

Postby oscar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 am

what the???

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:07 am

oscar wrote:what the???

What dont you understand?

oscar

Postby oscar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 am

the link to your image ... i see nothing

oscar

Postby oscar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:30 am

chad1989 wrote:

I'm aware that the police will say that they got me speeding in a 40 zone but Im not bothered at all about that because if they do have a photo it will show that I was not speeding at where they claim.

All I want to know is can I get convicted in court if they don't have any evidence ? I have also tried to attatch a pic of the infringement notice but it does not seem to be uploading.

chad LISTEN !!!!

re-read my very first reply to your first post

you think that evidence is a photo - yes it can be

so is a police officer saying he lasered you in a 40 zone (if accepted by the court)

what you are looking for DOES NOT EXIST

vic pol lasers DON'T TAKE PHOTOS

you will have to object to the ticket to get the brief from the police, in that there will be their version of events

until then, you are talking from a perspective of absolute zero knowledge

of course you can't be found guilty without evidence, but i hate to tell you this, police have heaps of evidence in your case, if they stuff up giving that evidence, then you may have an out, but NOT UNTIL YOU OBJECT TO THE TICKET

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:48 am

oscar wrote:
chad1989 wrote:

chad LISTEN !!!!

re-read my very first reply to your first post

you think that evidence is a photo - yes it can be

so is a police officer saying he lasered you in a 40 zone (if accepted by the court)

what you are looking for DOES NOT EXIST

vic pol lasers DON'T TAKE PHOTOS

you will have to object to the ticket to get the brief from the police, in that there will be their version of events

until then, you are talking from a perspective of absolute zero knowledge

of course you can't be found guilty without evidence, but i hate to tell you this, police have heaps of evidence in your case, if they stuff up giving that evidence, then you may have an out, but NOT UNTIL YOU OBJECT TO THE TICKET

Ok will I'm sorry for not knowing what sort of evidence they keep/have. All I am trying to say that if they do have evidence it will prove that I'm not guilty and if they don't could I still get convicted in court.
I have already objected to the ticket and they mailed me back saying that they cannot identify the infringement number and I have given them 2 clear copies of the infringement along with the notice of objection.

I'm not being rude or anything but what other evidence could they have on me apart from maybe doing 73 in a 70 zone?
I don't think anymore needs to be said and thank you for your help

Chef2

Postby Chef2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Day wrote:
chad1989 wrote:I probably should have mentioned this earlier but I know the exact point on when he got the reading of my speed.

How do you know this?

Regards.

That's easy, 96.2 metres away!! :lol:

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:26 pm

You should upload your photo to a server, try www.mediafile.com or flickr or similar service. Then post us a link to the photo. This forum does not host images. It runs on a low bandwidth server. :(

chad1989

Postby chad1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?c3f567m0cw63edt

here is the infringement notice.
thanks hardy for providing the details.

oscar

Postby oscar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:52 pm

yep - that's a speeding ticket, which no longer exists as you have objected to it.....

Return to “Lasers”