VicRoads health check

Licences, Registration, RWC, ADR
Ted

VicRoads health check

Postby Ted » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 am

Can anyone explain to me the logic regarding Vic Roads health check I received a request from Vic roads two years ago and submitted the report back with the doctor report giving me the all ok to drive Now two last year’s later I have to go through the whole thing again

I am amazed in today’s society that this can take place .Nearly every decision is made in line with some form of data being linked to that choice So I have been driving for 32 years with no major accidents and not once having the police come to an accident I was involved with I have never being involved in any other conviction excluding the odd speeding fine

So here’s how it goes one person or organization reports me without any data relating to what they are reporting and in most cases not linking any professional report to and I have set a Vic Roads checks

For ne that’s crap

Gravy

Re: VicRoads health check

Postby Gravy » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Ted wrote:I am amazed in today’s society that this can take place .Nearly every decision is made in line with some form of data being linked to that choice So I have been driving for 32 years with no major accidents and not once having the police come to an accident I was involved with I have never being involved in any other conviction excluding the odd speeding fine
You make it sound as though VicRoads have revoked your licence based on "one person or organization" reporting you. This hasn't happened: the data that informs their decision (which I think is what your gripe is about) is the doctor's report. Requiring you to get a doctor's report is the start of the decision making process, not the end of it.

Put the shoe on the other foot - maybe a year or two ago, I was driving home from work when I saw an older lady driving a small red car. She couldn't stay in one lane, couldn't maintain a constant speed, struggled to negotiate a roundabout (I mean REALLY struggled), appeared to be driving as though she was very confused about her route and seemed scared by the presence of other vehicles in her immediate proximity. Applying the rules for giving way was clearly too much for her. From what I witnessed, there was no doubt in my mind that her driving presented a significant risk to both herself and others.

What is the appropriate course of action? I'm not a doctor and even if I were I could not have examined the driver, so do I say nothing to the authorities as I have no "data"? I'm not a licence tester, so I've no expertise in determining whether or not she should hold a licence - do I still say nothing? If I stay silent and she crashes into a tree - or worse, into a pedestrian - I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that I may have been able to prevent it.

Of course I speak to the police, give them the details and let them or VicRoads figure out the answer to these questions. Whilst it may be inconvenient for you and has clearly offended you, I don't believe that it is an unreasonable process.

Return to “VicRoads”