Online check for licence suspension?

Licences, Registration, RWC, ADR
r.daneel

Online check for licence suspension?

Postby r.daneel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:26 am

Does anyone know if VicRoads has an online licence suspension check - similar to this page from WA:

http://www.courts.dotag.wa.gov.au/_apps ... earch.aspx

A couple of days ago I passed the anniversary of electing the 12 month extended demerit point period option after accruing 12 demerit points. This morning I rang the VicRoads number to check how many demerit points I have and, according to that service, I have none. That's good, but...

A short time into the 12 month extended demerit point period I received an infringement notice - a fixed camera recorded me at 69 in a 60 zone. I elected to appear in court for that, and in mid-August the charge was "proven and dismissed". I understand the demerit point for that still stands, and I expected a letter in the mail. Here I am four-and-a-half months later and I've heard nothing from VicRoads and, as I said, I am now past the end of the 12 month extended demerit point period - with, according to VicRoads, no demerit points.

So, is it possible I just didn't get the letters and my licence was (and is!) suspended and I just don't know it? (Hence the question - can I check for suspension online?). Or have they just not got around to it yet?

busdriver

Re: Online check for licence suspension?

Postby busdriver » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:16 pm

You'll find the answer to that question here: http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/demerit.po ... ake_option

r.daneel

Postby r.daneel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:15 pm

I read that article, but I don't see the answer to any of my questions. Can you point them out?

busdriver

Postby busdriver » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:16 am

busdriver wrote:You'll find the answer to that question here: http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/demerit.po ... ake_option

I don't believe you a can do online check of your licence in Victoria, if you want to know the status of Victorian Licence, just call Vicroads and ask them.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Your points are returned to zero the moment they print the option letter. You are then expected to have no offences in the next 12 months. If they have failed to record the points for your proven and dismissed court result you could ring VicRoads and ask them why they have failed to do that. :mrgreen: There is no deadline for them to record those points, so they could take years to get around to it and then suspend your licence.

r.daneel

Postby r.daneel » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Well, I don't think I'll be calling them anytime soon to alert them to their oversight... The "no deadline" is the answer I was looking for. Well, I'd prefer there was a deadline, but knowing the answer is helpful. So basically I just wait and hope I never hear from them...

Return to “VicRoads”