Incorrect Driver History - Vic Roads

Licences, Registration, RWC, ADR
Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Driver History - Vic Roads

Postby Hardy » Tue May 26, 2015 11:12 pm

On Thursday last week I told you to grin and bear it.

rustyone

Postby rustyone » Thu May 28, 2015 7:33 pm

sean when you change your lic. over from one state to an other does your history follow as well?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu May 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Every state keeps its own history. If you end up in court in Perth, you can expect the police to obtain your vic history and produce it in court.

busdriver

Postby busdriver » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Can only the police obtain a driver's history from another state? Each year I get sent a request from RMS to produce my licence history from SA, so I keep my NSW bus driving authority. I've told they do this because they can't see my licence history from SA directly.

allde

Postby allde » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:15 pm

busdriver wrote:Can only the police obtain a driver's history from another state? Each year I get sent a request from RMS to produce my licence history from SA, so I keep my NSW bus driving authority. I've told they do this because they can't see my licence history from SA directly.

Roads & Maritime Services require your license history, do you need Taxi driver accreditation to drive Public buses over there as well?

busdriver

Postby busdriver » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:27 pm

allde wrote:
busdriver wrote:Can only the police obtain a driver's history from another state? Each year I get sent a request from RMS to produce my licence history from SA, so I keep my NSW bus driving authority. I've told they do this because they can't see my licence history from SA directly.

Roads & Maritime Services require your license history, do you need Taxi driver accreditation to drive Public buses over there as well?

No bus authorities are separate to a taxi authorities in NSW. Anybody that does not hold NSW licence, that holds bus or taxi authority issued by RMS is required to send in their driving history to RMS on a annual basis. NSW licence holders are not required to do this, as RMS can cross check a NSW Licence and Authority, this done everyday. I got letter from them the next day after I transferred my licence from NSW to SA, stating my bus authority had been suspended due to the fact my NSW licence had been cancelled.

You must hold authority issue by RMS if you are going carry passengers who journey is wholly within NSW. Interstate authorities/accreditation's can only be used in NSW if the passengers journey is not wholly within NSW.

Return to “VicRoads”