Licences, Registration, RWC, ADR
Jarrod SS

Postby Jarrod SS » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:33 pm

Hello Sean,

Can you advise at what point Vic Roads send out the option 1 letter? Is it before you are due to start driving again or after? I recently started driving again on the 28th of November after 6 months loss of license which Vic Roads confirmed when I called them as did the local police. I have not received any letter on the matter. I am certain that I probably have 17 points acrued I got myself 6 points for alleged 38 kays over limit which is the mandatory loss of 6 months plus 3 points for alleged 24 kays over plus some other fines. There is only one fine from January 2010 the others are from 2011 to September of 2012.

Regards,

Jarrod

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Points

Postby Hardy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 pm

I would be very surprised if you had an issue with the demerit points process that was not answered on my website at http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/demerit.points.html

Vicroads sends the Demerit points Option letter to you within 24 hours of vicroads recording 12 points against you if you hold a vic drivers licence, or if you do not hold a vic drivers licence it will send you the option letter after you regain your vic licence. Usually that happens within a week of you regaining your vic licence.

Return to “VicRoads”