dispute about 1 point and 12 monts good behaviour

Licences, Registration, RWC, ADR
helcro12

dispute about 1 point and 12 monts good behaviour

Postby helcro12 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

it is absolute pleasure to see someone stand up to this Bound To Fail system of fines and illicit exploatation of civil population by law for one and only one reason - financial gain.It is honour to have you here Sean Hardy

I got pulled over in front of vic roads when i renewed car registration.Police officer advised me that my licence was suspended.I was led to beleive that i had one point to make choice and accept it.In the mean time i moved to my new address.I never got the letter from vic roads that i was waiting for.I thoroughly checked new and old address.When I got pulled over Police officer told me that I should dispute this with VIC ROADS and thats not his problem and that i will receive summons shortly.
Vic ROADS advised me that its too late for that point since its been 6 week passed since they sent me a letter.I feel like I am caught in one of these NO WIN situation since i never got a chance to accept that point.I moved to my new place for the New years Eve and my licence w2as suspended on 5 th of January since I didn't make that 1 Point choice.
I am Electrical Contractor and We spent majority of our time on the road .I feel let down by Law especially knowing that I got pulled over for no reason exiting Vic Roads.
Would you be so kind to advise me on this particular matter?

Day

Re: dispute about 1 point and 12 monts good behaviour

Postby Day » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Did you advise VicRoads of your change of address?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Sounds like you have done 6 weeks of your suspension and have only 6 weeks to go. Because more than 4 weeks has passed since your suspension began, it is going to be difficult to find a solution to your licence loss problem that is effective and economical.

You can defend the DWS charge if you want. Just rely on your belief as your defence.

helcro12

Postby helcro12 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Correct.I advised Vic Roads of New Address.What makes me not to accept this so lightly is the fact that while AT VIC ROADS REGISTERING A VEHICLE while they had database file open of my personal info while I am standing at front counter,Wouldn't ONE assume that VIC ROADS would be obliged to at least notify me of my licence suspension.At that point I was paying registration ,handing over additional papers for company's purposes while Vic Roads employeee had my file open in front of me....
Would that be considered FAIL -DUTY OF CARE ,VIC ROADS EMPLOYEE'S NEGLIGENCE (is a failure to exercise the care that a reasonably prudent person would exercise in like circumstances)

As a direct consequance of above mentioned incident, I will experience with probability of 85% chance to loose my job.
Since I stood in Vic Roads with my file opened on their computer,I walked out sit in the car and get pulled over 50 metres distance from VIC ROADS.
All this looks like Ancient Story of Spanish Inquisition and so called POSESSED innocent farmers by DEVIL.
First ,I accuse you of EVIL ACT,You respond negative and deny,then we torture you to admit with grotesque ways,then when you admit from unbearable pain and you cave in,we then kill you cause you admitted and pleaded guilty.It makes similiar resonance as this ancient story of

Now I am not denying I was driving with suspended licence,JUST ONE HONEST REPLY FROM THE HEARTH,I wasnt aware that my licence got suspended,since I truly was waiting for that letter...

Any Thoughts,HARDY????

Day

Postby Day » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Steady on I was asking if you notified them at the time of the move, not when you were in the VicRoads office. As to them notifying you while you are standing there, do they check with every person, every status of their licence? As far as you kmow the last time that person asked may have had the person in front of the snap back "Of course I %^{%# know my licence is suspended, thanks for telling the whole }%%*}^ office!!" So, no. We wouldn't assume they would tell you.

People can be a little touchy about the status of their licence.......

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 pm

I already gave you my thoughts.

Mode100

Postby Mode100 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 pm

The day I trust waiting for important information to arrive in the mail has long gone. In my experience, there are so many factors that can influence whether or not you'll receive something AT ALL in the mail from anyone - typographical errors, bad system migrations, duplicate names, gazetted name changes, etc. I don't consider any kind of mail a guaranteed service - Things happen, beyond any one individual's control.

...In fact, technically, I am still waiting for something important that i know will never come in the mail a decade later. A little while ago, I even had to try and get something sent a few times before it finally got to me!

I know it is of little consequence now, but always remember - you can call them and they will give you the information you need to know, and it will be current. Be aware though, in some circumstances, you may need to quote a particular date if it involves anything more than 12 months old.

Summary: If you have a query at any time on the status of your licence: Call them during business hours. I'm fairly sure that it is your responsibility to know the status of your licence.

Do people wait for their bank statement to arrive before making a decision on financial matters, or do they go to the branch, call or use the Internet to check the state of affairs? (That could be a bad analogy)

Return to “VicRoads”