Enforcement across states

Offences committed outside Victoria
busdriver

Re: Enforcement across states

Postby busdriver » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Hardy wrote:My point is that taking away truck driver's licences because their boss failed to register their rig is the most stupid law I've seen in a long time. And what surprises me most is that it was not vicroads who thought of it. By contrast, if your B Double is properly registered but unroadworthy (bald tyres) you can get a canary in NSW and no demerit points!! WTF??

In NSW they recently increased the demerit point limit for most drivers to 13 points instead of 12 points because they were losing so many drivers to demerit point suspensions. Maybe they thought if this keeps up they will lose money on reduced petrol excise and a drop in cross-city tunnel charges...

In NSW both the driver and the last registered operator of vehicle will recieve a fine, the driver for driving an unregistered vehicle and the last registered operator for causing or permitting the use of unregistered vehicle. I agree with Hardy, it is stupid ro hand out demerit points to a driver of unregistered heavy vehicle.

NSW have a couple of other stupid offences, that have no road safety purpose that carry demerit points. One driving in Bus Lane, that carries 1 point and having offensive noise coming out of a car sound system, that carries 2 demerit points.

allde

Re: Enforcement across states

Postby allde » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:32 pm

NSW have a couple of other stupid offences, that have no road safety purpose that carry demerit points. One driving in Bus Lane, that carries 1 point and having offensive noise coming out of a car sound system, that carries 2 demerit points.

I can understand that, especially if it's Justin Bieber or One Direction it should be automatic loss of licence and your vehicle crushed.

Return to “Interstate and foreign driving issues”