Care Park, ANCP, Parking Patrols, Ace. Private parking fines

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Care Park, ANCP, Parking Patrols, Ace. Private parking fines

Postby Hardy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:06 am

Prior to 2016 anyone could apply to a court to get hold of your personal information from VicRoads. Now only enforcement agencies can obtain details of the registered operator to issue infringement notices. That includes some public hospitals.

ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES
1. The police force of Victoria.
2. Each of the following administrative units or groups within the police force of Victoria—
(a) Firearms Licensing Service;
(b) Toll Enforcement Office;
(c) Traffic Camera Office.
3. A Council within the meaning of the Local Government Act 1989.
4. An Administrative Office within the meaning of the Public Administration Act 2004.
5. An Administrative Office Head within the meaning of the Public Administration Act 2004.
6. A Department within the meaning of the Public Administration Act 2004.
7. A Department Head within the meaning of the Public Administration Act 2004.
8. Each of the following within the Department of Infrastructure—
(a) Marine Safety Victoria; (b) VictorianTaxiDirectorate.
9. Each of the following within the Department of Justice—
(a) Consumer Affairs Victoria;
(b) Liquor Licensing Victoria;
(c) Trade Measurement Victoria.
10. An institution specified in Schedule 1 to the Tertiary Education Act 1993.
11. The college affiliated to the University of Melbourne known as Queen's College.
12. A body that is a TAFE college within the meaning of the Vocational Education and Training Act 1990 or an administrative unit that is the TAFE division of a university with a TAFE division within the meaning of that Act.
13. A Board within the meaning of the Alpine Resorts (Management) Act 1997.
14. The Alpine Resorts Co-ordinating Council established under Part 3 of the Alpine Resorts (Management) Act 1997.
15. A port corporation within the meaning of the Port Services Act 1995.
16. The local authority within the meaning of the Marine Act 1988 known as Gippsland Ports.
17. VicUrban.
18. Melbourne Market Authority.
19. Energy Safe Victoria.
20. Parks Victoria.
21. Roads Corporation.
22. The House Committee within the meaning of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003.
23. Victorian Arts Centre Trust.
24. Victorian College of the Arts.
25. Victorian WorkCover Authority.
26. A hospital listed in Schedule 1, 2 or 3 to the Health Services Act 1988.

SA Dweller

Postby SA Dweller » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:41 am

Thank you for all of your stella information on this topic Hardy. I have spent hours looking through this forum and one on whirlpool, and I feel confident in my action to do nothing as many have before me. I have a different circumstance with which I just wanted to clarify.

I'm in SA, and a private car park near the Adelaide Central Markets has given me 5+ of these 'fines'. These were as far back as September and I consulted these forums then to check if ignoring them was in fact the best solution. As the parking lot stated clearly that they were in fact not an 'expiation notice' or 'parking fine', I ignored them.

I have now received 5+ letters from Crown Collections for $85 each, demanding payment from Australia Post, which to me screams dodge city. I know that the now enforced laws in Vic to obtain personal details of the registered owners of vehicles has now been abolished. In SA, obviously not as they managed to get my details. Also, From what I have read, Crown Collections is owned by Care Park itself. Is that correct?

My major concern now is that because they have my details, could they take me to court? I have 100% had zero correspondence and intend to continue to do so, but my moral mind is going nuts and Im wanting to help others on this forum in the same situation.

Hardy, shall I just put up with the bullying letters and continue on my merry way, or is this a different circumstance and I should address it?

Many thanks in advance

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:54 pm

This thread started because the parking companies were obtaining personal details of registered operators and doing every day what you are experiencing. So this thread applies directly to the situation you are in. Since the laws in Victoria changed this thread has not seen much action. This does not mean it is out of date. It just means not so many people are getting harassed.

Mode100

Postby Mode100 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:23 am

:) holy jeebus - this thread is still going?! Ha ha ha.
Given there is little point to this comment I expect deletion, but good on you Hardy!

Fast approaching a 10 year anniversary for this thread!

Jenko01

Postby Jenko01 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 pm

N/A
Last edited by Jenko01 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:54 pm

The principles in this thread apply in every place where the courts speak English.
I have no idea whether there are laws in SA that prohibit the disclosure of personal information by the licensing authority.

Jenko01

Postby Jenko01 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:45 pm

N/A
Last edited by Jenko01 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:11 pm

Am I worthwhile simply sending back any letters that I receive and do not recognise (as I receive almost nothing in the post these days) unopened as Return to Sender? Do you think this will make it more likely that they will give up sooner?

Have you thought about following the advice on page one of this thread?

Jenko01

Postby Jenko01 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:29 pm

N/A
Last edited by Jenko01 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 pm

As you noted after reading 29 pages, there is nothing much new in this thread after page one. For 10 years I have just been repeating what is on the first page. The only thing that has changed is eventually a car park company did commence court proceedings against about a dozen people. They struggled to get anywhere, but managed to get a minor success against one non-paying customer who they could identify, and another who didn't defend due to health reasons.

Jenko01

Postby Jenko01 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

Hi Hardy,
I have, completely unrelated, sold my car since the payment notice was issued to the car. I sold it well before it was “due” and before they would do a check to obtain the details of the registered owner. Do you know in your experience if they check the registered owner at the time they do the check, or at the time of the issue of the payment notice?
Cheers

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:05 pm

This thread is 56 pages long, so maybe you missed it. They don’t do rego checks in Victoria anymore. If they did, they would seek information for the date of the incident.

freddy2

Postby freddy2 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Received parking breach notice from parking enforcement services wilsons in wa in a shopping centre car park where there are no fees for parking or need for tickets. The breach is for exceeding the 2 hour time limit for $65 or $80 if I dont pay soon. If I dont pay by the date indicated the vehicle may be towed in the future and remain impounded until the notice has been paid in addition recovery or court proceedings may be taken against you an claimed.I spoke to consumer protection and they said to pay. I know wilsons received motorists details previously from the courts in wa.
I dont know what to do. What can they do. Ive read page 1.Ignore or coff up the money. I havent contacted them.Do I need a lawyer? help please.Cant stand the stress. thanks

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue May 07, 2019 1:02 pm

If you have read page 1 then you know the option is to ignore them or pay them.
How about you try ignoring them and see how that goes? If you are still uncertain then read pages 2 to 55 of the thread.

freddy2

Postby freddy2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:13 pm

okay. didnt pay. have not contacted them.
can wilsons wa clamp me if i go in shopping centre parking area patrolled by them.if they do...what should i do if they do.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:23 pm

First, check whether you are consenting to Wilsons clamping your car if you enter the car park.
If so, then check whether the law in WA prohibits that or not.

freddy2

Postby freddy2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:27 pm

so i have to check the signs when i park in a shopping centre to see if I they mention wheel clamping or towing.if they say they may wheel clamp even for a prior offence I should not park there ever.that is a bit rough.most shopping centre are now run by wilsons in wa.so I am going to get clamped and then have to pay the fee to get unclamped. I cant find any info for legality of clamping in wa. it just stays its a grey area. maybe I have to drive my spouses ca when I go shopping. the irony is my spouse parks in a wilsons car park for work...if we swap cars then that car will be clamped.cant win can we.would the clamping only apply for that day or can they enforce prior"offences".thanks for your guidance :wink:

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:56 pm

You're the one who brought up the issue of clamping. I'm not sure why.

freddy2

Postby freddy2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:58 pm

cause in wa, wilson clamps/tows vehicles.therefore if i enter a wilsons car park...can they come and just clamp or tow my vehicle because of a prior breach.on the notice it says "if you do not pay by the date,the vehicle may be towed in the future and the vehicle will remain impounded until the notice has been paid.in addition,recovery of court proceedings may be taken against you and the costs of such recovery or court proceedings will be claimed" Parking enforcement services.Can they tow me if I enter a shopping centre. It says I have accepted the parking terms by leaving the vehicle in the car park. By accepting the parking terms you agree to pay liquidated damages if you breach the parking terms. Is this just scare tactics...or can they tow the vehicle away?sorry for being a pain.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 pm

I think you answered your own question - in WA Wilson clamps and tows vehicles. I can't see how they can tow your vehicle lawfully if it is parked in accordance with their terms. So if you go there and chose to pay for parking they would be stealing your vehicle if they towed it. That will entitle you to sue them. So you should save up for the parking fee and the legal fees. If it is important to you then you should pay for legal advice that will allow for research of the law in WA.

Return to “Parking and Parking Fines”