Care Park, ANCP, Parking Patrols, Ace. Private parking fines

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Care Park, ANCP, Parking Patrols, Ace. Private parking fines

Postby Hardy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:42 pm

You should pay them if you are worried about it. Then we won't need to worry about it.
Else ignore them if you have faith that there is nothing they can do about it.
Their only option is to sue the person who was driving the car at the moment it entered their car park. I have never seen them do that for a debt of less than $500.

autumny2k

Postby autumny2k » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi Hardy,

Before I found your website, I took another website's advice and have sent a letter of denial liability as per the proforma on (https://sites.google.com/site/unfairfines/) to TMS in response to a QLD shopping centre overtime parking non-compliance first breach notice letter.

TMS replied the letter which include photos of contract, the car and states it is reasonable to assume at the time of the subject breach, the registered owner or a person authorised to drive your vehicle was responsible for the breach, the registered owner and/or a family member would know the identity of the driver of the vehicle responsible for the breach. They do not consider from the correspondence that the amount is not due or should be waived.

Anyway, I received another letter asking for final payment of AUD88 and today (a month later from the first letter), a letter from BDK lawyers asking for AUD91 with the original demand payment being AUD 66.

My question is that should I sent the same or another letter of denial liability to BDK lawyers, or/and write to ACCC or QLD consumers groups along the lines of asking TMS/BDK to stop harassing once denied liability? Or I can safely continue ignoring further letters until/unless it is a court proceeding letter? I am single lady living alone. To what extent debt collectors would harass you? Would they jeopardise one's safety?

Thank you.

Tango

Postby Tango » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Did ya check out The Checkout on Secure Parking and terms and conditions like able to sell your car?

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/thecheckout/ep ... 04ep10.htm

Kofi123

Postby Kofi123 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Tango wrote:Did ya check out The Checkout on Secure Parking and terms and conditions like able to sell your car?

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/thecheckout/ep ... 04ep10.htm

Thanks for that one Tango, that was an interesting watch!

Jayj

Postby Jayj » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks for the forum and amazing information.

Today after taking my son to have McDonalds i found a traffic monitoring breach notice on my windscreen by TMS at the Collingwood McDonalds carpark, i didnt know or realized the need to get a free parking ticket till it was too late.

After reading the entire forum i will be going ahead with all the suggestions and ignore all demands of payment.

I will keep you updated.

And thanks for Hardy sharing this information hopefully i wont be the first to be taken to court... lol

9/8/17 Breach notice $77 to be paid with in 30 days

Jayj

Postby Jayj » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:44 pm

autumny2k wrote:Hi Hardy,

Before I found your website, I took another website's advice and have sent a letter of denial liability as per the proforma on (https://sites.google.com/site/unfairfines/) to TMS in response to a QLD shopping centre overtime parking non-compliance first breach notice letter.

TMS replied the letter which include photos of contract, the car and states it is reasonable to assume at the time of the subject breach, the registered owner or a person authorised to drive your vehicle was responsible for the breach, the registered owner and/or a family member would know the identity of the driver of the vehicle responsible for the breach. They do not consider from the correspondence that the amount is not due or should be waived.

Anyway, I received another letter asking for final payment of AUD88 and today (a month later from the first letter), a letter from BDK lawyers asking for AUD91 with the original demand payment being AUD 66.

My question is that should I sent the same or another letter of denial liability to BDK lawyers, or/and write to ACCC or QLD consumers groups along the lines of asking TMS/BDK to stop harassing once denied liability? Or I can safely continue ignoring further letters until/unless it is a court proceeding letter? I am single lady living alone. To what extent debt collectors would harass you? Would they jeopardise one's safety?

Thank you.

I guess we are on the same boat Autumny2k

Jayj

Postby Jayj » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Is this forum still active?

allde

Postby allde » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Jayj wrote:Is this forum still active?

Yep :lol:

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 am

This forum is not very active these days because the law no longer permits anyone to obtain personal information from VicRoads. So if you prefer not to pay them the fee that they demand on their "infringement notice" that they stick on your windscreen there is nothing they can do about it. The only way these companies can chase anyone is if the driver is silly enough to write to the car parking company and provide them with an address for harassment purposes.

freddie

Postby freddie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:37 pm

So is there anything stopping someone from just parking in these all day every day now, fill their glovebox up with $66 payment notices?
Are private car parks allowed to clamp or tow away cars in Victoria ?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 pm

That's what some people do, but eventually they'll work out your pattern and then personally serve you with documents or physically prevent you from entering.

Sarah123

Postby Sarah123 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:48 pm

When you say serve you personally, do you mean at the car park once they work out the pattern?

Is there any way they can find your address?

allde

Postby allde » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Hardy wrote: The only way these companies can chase anyone is if the driver is silly enough to write to the car parking company and provide them with an address for harassment purposes.

Or you can reply using your worst enemies address. 8)

Johnny2

Postby Johnny2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Sarah123 wrote:When you say serve you personally, do you mean at the car park once they work out the pattern?
Is there any way they can find your address?

There is no way of finding your address from Vicroads. But there are other ways, such as following you home, or looking inside your car through the window for something that identifies you, or asking a person in another car who they saw talking to you previously. Such inquiries would be worth it if somone "owes" the parking company thousands of dollars. I believe they could also call the police on subsequent visits after you were told not to come back.

Johnny2

Postby Johnny2 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Jayj wrote:I guess we are on the same boat Autumny2k

No, Autumny2 is in Qld where the car park company's laywers can apply directly to the department of Transport and Main Roads for the name and address of registered owners. Jayj is in Victoria where the car park company can't obtain the name and address of registered owners from Vicroads.

ThinkAboutIt

Postby ThinkAboutIt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 am

I'm in the same about but in WA. Same Lawyer firm following up with me which is strange as they are based in SA.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:31 am

Lawyers for shopping centre car parks 'unlikely to sue' drivers who overstay – Story by Isobel Roe from the ABC – 02.02.2018 -
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-02/s ... fmredir=sm

VicroadsLaw

Postby VicroadsLaw » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 am

Hardy wrote:This forum is not very active these days because the law no longer permits anyone to obtain personal information from VicRoads. So if you prefer not to pay them the fee that they demand on their "infringement notice" that they stick on your windscreen there is nothing they can do about it. The only way these companies can chase anyone is if the driver is silly enough to write to the car parking company and provide them with an address for harassment purposes.

I bought a 2nd hand car in July. Transferred reg with Vicroads, blah blah... Parked at the Alfred Hosp and got a "fine" on 29/8/17. I ignored it. So they started with the threatening letters. I've ignored all correspondence.

I'm wondering, how would they have obtained my address if Vicroads no longer shares this info?? I don't park there regularly, actually, I haven't parked there since getting the "fine" and its not my work place.

They claim they'll sell my car, suspend my licence, or even send me to jail! hahaha All thanks to Road Rule 185(1) Stopped in a permit zone.
Payment option inc an online option at this NON SECURE website: http://webbank.bartelstaylor.net.au [NOTICE THERE'S NO SSL CERTIFICATE, IT'S 'HTTP' NOT 'HTTPS'] They must think we're stupid, as if anyone would submit credit card details on a site that's not secure.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:02 am

I’m guessing your fine was not issued by a car parking company.

Spidicus

Postby Spidicus » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:28 am

VicroadsLaw wrote:I'm wondering, how would they have obtained my address if Vicroads no longer shares this info?? I don't park there regularly, actually, I haven't parked there since getting the "fine" and its not my work place.

You're confused VicRoadsLaw. Alfred Health aren't Care Park/ANCP or Ace. They couldn't get your info unless they are an authorised Enforcement Agency.

Check the notice, if it's a "payment notice" then it's a private fine, if it's an "Infringement Notice" then it must have been issued by an enforcement agency.

Return to “Parking and Parking Fines”