Thompsons & Frankston-Dandenong Rd. Closed

benny

Thompsons & Frankston-Dandenong Rd. Closed

Postby benny » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:06 am

Hi All,

Hope all is well with you. Long time reader and odd poster but lost my login details.

Since I got nothing better to do right now, I say this...

I live in Seaford and work in Dandenong South, near the corner's of Frankston-Dandenong Rd. and Abbotts Rd.

To get the work, I used Frankston-Dandenong Rd. each and every time, now the intersection is blocked for another month, which means I have to take a detour, some of those detours lead me to Eastlink as an alternative route. So I use it. (And I'll be stuffed if I am gonna go on the Sth Gippy and Nepean Hwy to get to work.)

So, I receive an invoice from the Eastlink Scabs and I tell them to shove their invoice up their clacka and I go on to say that they shouldn't profit from this road closure as they are scabs to begin with. I am still waiting for their reply. In the mean time, I emailed Major Road Projects Victoria along with my Eastlink Invoice and tell them they should pay it, after all, their detour signs lead me to use Eastlink.

I don't know what the point of this email is, but stuff all those scabs. At least we can have a chat about it, even though, I will probably still end up paying for the invoice.

Sean is there any way out of paying this scam invoice under those circumstances?

Cheers,

Benny

Gravy

Re: Thompsons & Frankston-Dandenong Rd. Closed

Postby Gravy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:37 pm

Perhaps your chances of avoiding paying the invoice would be improved if you were polite to Eastlink. The people project managing the intersection upgrade are responsible for traffic management plans (including detours), not Eastlink.

If the detour signs directed you on to Eastlink, I think you have a good moral argument and I kind of agree with you on that level. If there are multiple detour options and you are choosing to use Eastlink because you just don't like the other options, then your argument falls over completely.

You wrote you live in Seaford, so I'm sure you know the area and ways around Eastlink (Frankston or MP Fwy > Thompsons Rd > Worsely Rd > Bangholme Rd).

benny

Postby benny » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:10 am

The route I mentioned was Eastlink's idea from their website, I mentioned that for argument's sake, the route you mentioned is good when I work arvo shift (off peak), otherwise a normally 12 minute trip is now 40 mins during peak hour. Or 1 hour if raining.

For me, Eastlink is the fastest option with Greens Rd. exit and then back track a little.

It's a huge blow to commuters as that intersection is blocked from every direction and will be blocked for 6 weeks.

I just don't think Eastlink should profit from people's hardship, particularly at this point in time.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:44 pm

When you entered Eastlink you must have been wondering what would happen when they send you the late toll invoice. if you ignore the invoice you will get a fine, and if you take the fine to court you will end up paying minimum $40 if you are not acquitted.

benny

Postby benny » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:11 am

check this out from Eastlink.....

"
Please be advised for motorists driving on Thompsons Rd from Carrum/Patterson Lakes area, they have the option of using the Mornington Peninsula Freeway or turning left onto Worsley Rd. They also have the option of completing a U-turn at the EastLink interchange. Please note – NO DRIVERS ARE BEING FORCED ONTO EASTLINK

If travelling from Frankston you can take the Morning Penninsula Freeway, exit off at Thompsons Road. Drive on this road and exit before EastLink at Worsley Road by turning left. Worsley Road will take you onto Bangholme Road (has to turn right) you can then use Hammond Road to get to Abbotts Road.

Kindly note four (4) toll invoice Fees have been waived as a gesture of good will in this instance, totalling $22.92 (GST Inclusive), however no further fees will be waived for any further invoices received.

The balance of $31.65 (GST Inclusive) has been upheld and is now owing to EastLink in your name for the above invoices.

We have placed a hold on the above outstanding EastLink Toll Invoices until the 17 July 2020 to allow extra time to pay.

Failure to pay by the agreed date will result in Fines Victoria issuing an infringement notice to the vehicle's owner or driver. The cost of an infringement notice is $165.00 per infringement.

You may access our website https://www.eastlink.com.au/settle-toll-invoice and search via the LPN XXXXXX to pay the outstanding EastLink Toll Invoices.

"

not bad at all....

Return to “Everything else....”