Fail to produce driver license

snofox

Fail to produce driver license

Postby snofox » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:12 pm

What an interesting website i've stumbled over. I've learnt a lot already...,
Hopefully never have need to use any of the information in it :D , alas our laws are too easily accidentally broken.

A few years ago i was pulled over driving and didn't have my license on me. The police officer said i must produce it at my local police station the next day. I complied, end of story, no problems.

Today i had a discussion with an "Ex-highway cop" who's now working as a security officer.., This guy took arrogant offense when i told him i didn't have my license on me for I.D. to get into the building to do my job. He told me i was breaking Victorian law by not carrying my drivers license.

(At this building, security doesn't just 'view' your drivers license for I.D., they hold onto the license in their office until you leave. I didn't get into the building to do my job.., but that's life. They know they still have to pay the bill for my attending.)

Could somebody answer please.
I'm aware it used to be law only Learners and Probationary drivers must carry their drivers license when driving.
Have these laws changed recently so that ALL drivers must varry their license at all times?
Can you be charged / fined for failing to produce a drivers license?

Slattery

Re: Fail to produce driver license

Postby Slattery » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Must carry if under 26, 7 days to produce for full license over 26.

snofox

Postby snofox » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Well thats simple.
Thank you.

RoadRage

Postby RoadRage » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 pm

Slattery wrote:Must carry if under 26, 7 days to produce for full license over 26.

Even on building sites?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Where abouts are the police doing licence checks on building sites??

Slattery

Postby Slattery » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 pm

on a highway :roll:

rustyone

Postby rustyone » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:04 pm

I to have been to sites like this and as i leave my licence in the car rather than in my pocket it does have some problems as some times i leave the site and my licence behind. i know that the place i go to does this to ID people against the photo but it is something i dont like because once i had my licence stolen and the barstards where writing bad checks and using my licence details. man what shit storm that was. i spent days at the cop shop.

Return to “Police issues”