Taking it to court

Court proceedings and Legal Process
vincenth

Taking it to court

Postby vincenth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 am

Hi All,

I was stupid and was detected to be going 40km/h over the speed limit. I knew i was speeding, but i don't think i went that fast.

Anyway, i wanted to take it to court and was told my suspension doesn't count until after the court case. Does anyone know when the 6 months will start?

Also my friend wants to borrow my car for 6 months, do you think they will get pulled over randomly all the time?

JOHN2018

Re: Taking it to court

Postby JOHN2018 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:21 am

My daughter and son in law drove my car for 6 months while my licence was cancelled.

They were stopped by police more than 10 times because the car is in my name and i had no licence.

They were quite aggressive when he was the one driving - each time starting with the question should you be driving sir!

vincenth

Postby vincenth » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:36 am

oh wow. actually, my car is registered under my mum's name. what do you reckon about this?

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:41 am

You seem to assume you will get a 6 month suspension. Don’t forget it is possible for it to be 0 months, or more than 6 months.
It starts when sentence is announced in court. See http://trafficlaw.com.au/fines.html which explains all of that.

Return to “Courts and Lawyers”