Summons not received and court case not listed yet

Court proceedings and Legal Process
mike_28

Summons not received and court case not listed yet

Postby mike_28 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:31 am

Hello,

sorry if posted in the wrong forum, but thought this one was appropriate.
Ok so the situation is as follows:
1.) Was pulled over in November 2014 for alleged offence under the hoon law
2.) Was told i will get a call once summons are ready and they will be sent to my address
3.) On February 2nd i received a phone call from the constable saying that he has finished the paperwork and asked if the address that he had was my current one. I said yes and he said he will send out the summons there.
4.) He also said that the case is booked in for 10th of April and told me which court it is booked in for
5.) It has been almost 2 weeks now since that phone call and the summons have not yet arrived. I have also checked the daily court lists for that court and my name is NOT there. There are other cases in that court on that day with that constable listed though.
6.) I have booked my case conference with you straight after the phone call for a day in the end of February

Now my question - do I need to contact the constable and tell him the summons didn't come in? Or is it best to not say anything and hope that documents will arrive?

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Summons not received and court case not listed yet

Postby Hardy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Do nothing at all other than check your mail box each day. You should book a conference for legal advice only once you have received the court papers.

Return to “Courts and Lawyers”