Attending court - do I need to, or can I write a letter?

Court proceedings and Legal Process
r.daneel

Re: Attending court - do I need to, or can I write a letter?

Postby r.daneel » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:02 am

Ok, I surrender. I still can't see how it could be better for me to serve the suspension in the US.

Hardy - why do you suggest it would be better for me to serve the suspension while I'm in the US? Bear in mind that it is essential that I am able to drive in the US.

r.daneel

Postby r.daneel » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:33 pm

I guess Hardy's not going to tell me. Simply telling me that if I thought about I'd know why isn't terribly helpful...

chandi

Postby chandi » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:24 pm

r.daneel wrote:I guess Hardy's not going to tell me. Simply telling me that if I thought about I'd know why isn't terribly helpful...

Sorry about your frustration, but you need to understand something when you ask something from Hardy: He is the only "real" person on this forum,
which makes him accountable (beyond the forum) for what he says. He is not going to give you any advice that is not completely legal (in Australia or
otherwise) on a public forum. You have made pretty clear you need to be legally driving in California, therefore I don't see how you could achieve that by
surrendering your Vic license before you leave (assuming you don't have any other valid license from another jurisdiction).

r.daneel

Postby r.daneel » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:58 pm

You have made pretty clear you need to be legally driving in California, therefore I don't see how you could achieve that by surrendering your Vic license before you leave

Well, me either - and that's why I'm asking Hardy to tell me. If he says he can't see any legal way, then great - I know that there is no legal way I can drive, but he made his initial "think about it" statement after I said I need to drive there, and I can't believe he'd be suggesting I do it illegally - that would be just plain bad advice.

Return to “Courts and Lawyers”