Relicence dui nsw vic licence

Licence restoration, Zero Condition etc
Alby92

Relicence dui nsw vic licence

Postby Alby92 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Hoping for help. I have been charged twice in 2015 for dui, once med range, once special range. I hold a vic licence and all charges in nsw. By Victorian law I'm now more than able to apply for an interlock having served 2 of the 3 year sentence and all fines paid for.... Drama is I need a nsw governed interlock with my Vic licence. At the time of sentencing I wasn't aware I could apply for an interlock. I'm now hoping that after several traffic offender intervention programs and several drugs and alcohol courses with certificates to show, that I would be able to now apply for a z licence with an interlock 12 months early before the court? Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!!

Hardy
Site Admin

Re: Relicence dui nsw vic licence

Postby Hardy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:11 am

My recollection of the problem is that your Vic licence has been cancelled to reciprocate the NSW disqualification, and won't be re-issued until he NSW disqualification ends. Problem for you is the NSW disqualification remains in place (for 5 years I think) until you satisfy all their relicensing requirements in NSW. So you need to find out what you need to do in NSW to end your disqualification status there. Last time I looked at this the provisions were unworkable for interstate people and the easiest solution seemed to be to move to NSW and apply for a NSW licence.

See viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3532&p=25541&hilit=nsw+interlock#p25541

Return to “Relicensing & Interlocks”