Waiving Interlock condition for Taxi driving only

Taxis, trams, buses etc
dlx_xlb

Waiving Interlock condition for Taxi driving only

Postby dlx_xlb » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:27 am

Hi all..

I'm soon to get my licence back and I'm looking at driving cabs again as a fill in...

An interlock condition is mandatory for me as i blew 0.179 and I was 24 at the time.

I was wondering if i could possibly get the interlock condition waived for when I drive taxi's only? What are my chances? (An interlock in my own private car is no problem)
As I can not give a full commitment to buying/owning a taxi as it is not my main career just a fill in. (minimum leases are 1 year, which is too much as I may enter my industry again at the drop of a hat)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Boki

Re: Waiving Interlock condition for Taxi driving only

Postby Boki » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm gonna guess the answer.

NO.

I'm also guessing that you should consult with the owner of the taxi and pay for the installation of a interlock.

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:32 am

No taxi owner is going to let you drive with an interlock in it. Better look for a different "fill in".

Boki

Postby Boki » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm not that experienced with the practical advice of interlocks as I am with sus/dis/unlicenced and unlawful driving but maybe you could "install" an "interlock" yourself by buying a personal breathalyzer (with velcro to attach it somewhere beneath the dash) then attach a wire from it to the fuse box to make it look like you've got it installed.

As Hardy said, it may be near impossible to convince the owner of the taxi to install a proper one.

But since you are driving a taxi and its not yours, it might be a bit suspicious when they pull you over.

It should fool the cops with normal cars though. :wink:

oscar

Postby oscar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Boki wrote:I'm not that experienced with the practical advice of interlocks as I am with sus/dis/unlicenced and unlawful driving but maybe you could "install" an "interlock" yourself by buying a personal breathalyzer (with velcro to attach it somewhere beneath the dash) then attach a wire from it to the fuse box to make it look like you've got it installed.

As Hardy said, it may be near impossible to convince the owner of the taxi to install a proper one.

But since you are driving a taxi and its not yours, it might be a bit suspicious when they pull you over.

It should fool the cops with normal cars though. :wink:

:D

quite the most stupid suggestion i have heard for ages

thanks for the laugh :lol:

LEO

Postby LEO » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:10 pm

The owner of the taxi would have to apply for permission to install it from the directorate, but most likely they won't give permission even if the owner did apply.

Your going to have hard enough time trying to get your driver accreditation with your past.

Slattery

Postby Slattery » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:00 pm

"Your going to have hard enough time trying to get your driver accreditation with your past."

You reckon? VCAT would probably think otherwise :evil:

LEO

Postby LEO » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Anything is possible with VCAT, or so it seems.

But as I said with his past, it won't be a simple process to get his DA back, possible maybe? but it will be a long drawn out process all the same.

Return to “Public Transport”