Heavy Vehicle National Law

Hardy
Site Admin

Heavy Vehicle National Law

Postby Hardy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Interesting to note that Victoria has just implemented new heavy vehicle legislation that states:

4 Application of Heavy Vehicle National Law
The Heavy Vehicle National Law, as in force from time to time, set out in the Schedule to the Heavy Vehicle National Law Act 2012 of Queensland—
(a) subject to Part 5, applies as a law of this jurisdiction; and
(b) as so applying may be referred to as the Heavy Vehicle National Law (Victoria); and
(c) so applies as if it were an Act.

So if the parliament of Qld changes its laws, those changes immediately take effect in Victoria as changes to our laws! So Vic's parliament has outsourced its law making powers to Qld!!! Hope Qld does not make it illegal for truckies to associate with each other at truck stops...

Day

Re: Heavy Vehicle National Law

Postby Day » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:50 pm

A fine state of affairs!

Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:03 am

Maybe even a Sunshine State Affair!
I used to walk over to the Victorian Government Bookshop to buy my state legislation. Now have to get it from Qld. I used to complain that the heavy vehicle legislation was too complicated for lawyers let alone truckies. Now they have just made it worse. How is the average driver supposed to understand their obligations when the laws they are required to follow are not even found in state legislation?

busdriver

Postby busdriver » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 am

Hardy wrote:Maybe even a Sunshine State Affair!
I used to walk over to the Victorian Government Bookshop to buy my state legislation. Now have to get it from Qld. I used to complain that the heavy vehicle legislation was too complicated for lawyers let alone truckies. Now they have just made it worse. How is the average driver supposed to understand their obligations when the laws they are required to follow are not even found in state legislation?

I'm confused :?

I can't see how they can call them national laws, when not every state and territory has adopted them.

Return to “Trucks and heavy vehicles”