Road rule 200-2

jdaley

Road rule 200-2

Postby jdaley » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:40 pm

I have parked a truck of mine which is a Chev c20 1/2 tonne vehicle, with a 6 x 4 trailer on the back and been booked for parking a long vehicle in a built up area for more than one hour. Does anybody know what the rule actually states?
The truck is 19" long and the trailer 10 feet long. Thanks

Day

Re: Road rule 200-2

Postby Day » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm

jdaley wrote:I have parked a truck of mine which is a Chev c20 1/2 tonne vehicle, with a 6 x 4 trailer on the back and been booked for parking a long vehicle in a built up area for more than one hour. Does anybody know what the rule actually states?
The truck is 19" long and the trailer 10 feet long. Thanks

"(2) The driver of a heavy vehicle, or long vehicle, must not stop on a length of road in a built-up area for longer than 1 hour, unless the information on or with a traffic control device specifically permits the driver of a heavy vehicle, or long vehicle, to stop on the length of road for longer than 1 hour, or is permitted to do so under subrule (2A) or by the Council.
Penalty: 3 penalty units.
Note
Council, traffic control device and with are defined in the dictionary."

"(3) In this rule—
heavy vehicle means a vehicle with a GVM of
4⋅5 tonnes or more;
long vehicle means a vehicle that, together with any load or projection, is 7⋅5 metres long, or longer;
road does not include a road related area, but includes any shoulder of the road.
Notes
1 GVM is defined in the Road Safety Act 1986, road related area is defined in rule 13 and shoulder is defined in rule 12.
2 Vehicle includes a combination—see rule 15(2)(a)(ii)."

See page 236 and 237 here: http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/Domin ... 4sr004.pdf

Hope that helps.

Return to “Trucks and heavy vehicles”